• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The ultimate NSX seat? take a look

Are these 5 point harness compatible? And how big of a waist can get into these comfortably?

Cheaper than those df-r seats that just sold in 5 minutes. But will they hold value like those df-rs?

I don't know I haven't done a residual market analysis... LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Are these 5 point harness compatible? And how big of a waist can get into these comfortably?

I am 34 and I fit perfect, my one guy at 40 fit in the standard not the XL, he said he could live with it. The seat measurements are available online at their website.

I'm 36 so that's encouraging :)

As for 5pt compatibility.... obviously the 4 points are there but does the 5th (crotch belt) typically get fastened to the floor of the car?

I'm 36 so that's encouraging :)

As for 5pt compatibility.... obviously the 4 points are there but does the 5th (crotch belt) typically get fastened to the floor of the car?

Sometimes the floor I believe. There's a thread somewhere that explains what angle it should ideally be at. Don't remember though since it was a long time ago.

Seats look great though. Just be careful with fitment because depending on how high the bolsters are may touch the center console area and not fit. That will also depend on how far forward you move the seat.

Another area to watch out for are the shoulder sides, but these don't look like they flare out to much.

Awesome looking seats though.

Do they offer one with a built-in cup holder?

As a matter of fact yes. $1000 extra you can paypal to me and I will make sure when you get yours, it will be able to hold your slurpees. :D

Scammy yes. And if not them I have someone else I think two billet NSX specific fixed brackets are long overdue. Rills and sliders don't have near the strength, safety, or lightness.
Awesome thanks Dave, one of the things i really disliked after putting the Downforce seats in was all the weight i saved i nearly lost with the new rails and to be honest they dont feel solid for track work, also after being installed for over two years i dont believe i have used the slider part since so this would be a great alternative

Jonathan it would on any model. Like a discount across the board but I'm not promising anything yet. These take a lot of my time and sometimes the vendors start to flake on orders I certainly do not want that. My plan is to get a set in my NSX, get some photos, maybe get a bracket made (they said today they will do it for us), then if all is well arrange a buy. Unless someone is in a rush in which case I would just try to get their order in right away. What I am convinced of is how good a quality these are. I'm not sure dollar for dollar anyone can make a higher quality seat. The fact the a couple famous car manufacturers are getting carbon parts made by Tillett and I mean MAJOR parts speaks volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome thanks Dave, one of the things i really disliked after putting the Downforce seats in was all the weight i saved i nearly lost with the new rails and to be honest they dont feel solid for track work, also after being installed for over two years i dont believe i have used the slider part since so this would be a great alternative

Scammy yes I believe the SOS bracket is more suited to a street application only. You have to give up something. If you want strength and light weight then you have to give up the convenience of a slider system. If you want to just look good on a street car then some status seats and generic rails are fine. If I ever hit a wall on the track or some truck t-bones me on the street I want to know that my gear was up to par and held. The SOS or buddy club or Taitec brackets will never pass FIA.

- - - Updated - - -

If your bracket breaks or moves and you are in a harness your body is what will be holding the seat in place.

Ok so just to clarify....I also saw the DF-R seats for sale and thought it was a shame that there was no pass through for the crotch belt/5th point harness...am I missing something here or would these seats allow for a 5pt or 6pt setup?

These Tillett seats seem somewhat promising and may be the outside the box solution some of us are looking for in a high performance seat.

DownForce has no crotch hole, and yeah I have the SOS rails they are very good but heavy and feel like they flex when cornering hard out, I pull the seats out after most track days and check the nuts and bolts they have loosened at times. So a billet option but with mounting points for the regular seat belt receivers would be great

All tillets can do 5-6 points. The downforce can too as long as you order it that way. I think the set that just sold was just not ordered that way. But the tilletts have a very large side opening which should facilitate 3 point use. One thing I forgot to mention: I have more headroom in my car with the OEM seat and a lowering cushion than the DFR seat on an SOS bracket. I was surprised of that. The cushion on R seats raises you a fair amount.

- - - Updated - - -

Scammy are you sure the DFR's can't be ordered with a crotch hole? I thought they could but now you're throwing some doubt in there. That's a pretty big omission if that's the case.

I don't believe I was ever given the choice for the lower hole, I got one of the last sets before they changed focus it took me ages to get them but am very very happy with them.
When I purchased through Peter and Thomas I cannot remember this being discussed at all however I may not have gone with that option if it was as I was not thinking about a harness at that stage, FYI information when i am out on track I take the seat cushion out so I sit on the shell and don't notice a thing in the comfort dept the shell is that good and then just put the cushion in to drive home and yes you feel tall all of a sudden with the cushion back in place, so would there be much difference if you compare both seats without cushions? maybe not

I just got a price quote from Thomas at downforce for the df-r seats, lower hole is a $50 option, so is contrast stitching. Turbo is right about those seats that just sold not being ordered with the lower hole but the option still exists.

Downforce should make that standard. It gets covered by the cushion anyway and if someone decides they want it, it should be there. The original R does not have this. These seats still confine my shoulders a little. Maybe its because I am built like a young schwarzenegger.

Real young... like 12.

I just got a price quote from Thomas at downforce for the df-r seats, lower hole is a $50 option, so is contrast stitching. Turbo is right about those seats that just sold not being ordered with the lower hole but the option still exists.

It was my seats that just sold...if only I was given this option from DF. I really wanted to use these seats :(

It was my seats that just sold...if only I was given this option from DF. I really wanted to use these seats :(

You probably could have cut them yourself and used some epoxy on the edge. Would have been OK. Carbon does not come apart that easily. Anyway don't fret because now you can get Tilletts LOL

I will keep an eye on this thread for the pricing, as I think these seats look awesome, I am particularly liking the padded version with contrast stitching (reminds me of the ones found in a very high end exotic vehicle I saw not to long ago, I wonder if they are actually this very exact seat!):smile:

I will keep an eye on this thread for the pricing, as I think these seats look awesome, I am particularly liking the padded version with contrast stitching (reminds me of the ones found in a very high end exotic vehicle I saw not to long ago, I wonder if they are actually this very exact seat!):smile:

Tillett invented this seat, and it's shape. A company called Carbon Worx copied it but they went under recently. Another company now is making another copy called Technocraft at about $4000 a set and they are selling them mainly to Lamborghini owners who may have seen Tilletts installed. You may have seen one of those. I can tell you none of the copies are as good as the real thing.

- - - Updated - - -

More photos:

b1_in_gallardo_1.jpg

Notice they are RAISED in order to meet stock height in a GTR.

TilletSeat.jpg

012-1.jpg

FIA%20bracket%20with%20extension%202%20full.jpg

B6%20F%20in%20a%20Nissan%20GTR.jpg

Have you tried these in a NSX? I'm mostly interested in if you gain any head room. The stock seats with a smaller cushion beats out all aftermarket options for headroom so far, but come with the weight penalty (which I personally don't mind). I would really need to sit in these to format an opinion on feel, but height should be easy to discern.

Back