• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Think me engine is a gonner....

it recommended when use better head studs like apr, which give more clamping force and might damage the thread in the block

Just to comfirm, went out to the track and the blow by was pretty strong in one occasion we saw oil smoke under deceleration but that went away after a couple turns.
Anyways, I'm rebuilding the engine this winter, the car drives fine and it will get me trough the rest of the time that Im Toronto.
I will revive this thread when there a reason for.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok a little update after talking to Chris at SOS, No timeserts he told me only to do them is there is a reason too. e.i is the engine has been open and something has gone wrong with the original threads or over torquing has happened.
Also, no billet main caps. No necessary for my goals. 500whp.
Thats 1000 bucks that Ill be using on my water to air IC.

So the list look like this:

Head studs

Head gaskets

LMA's

Pistons (90.5mm 9.2:1) Coated.

Billet oil pump.

water to air IC.

OEM seals and gaskets.

Thoughts ?

-MSR

Last edited:
Personally if I weren't planning on tracking I think a2a is fine depending on I guess where you live and if you plan on driving in 100 degree weather. I've hit air intake temps of 145's or so on the highway while doing pulls and the highest I've seen has been in stand still traffic, but that's not really a concern since I'm aware of it and I'm not on the boost then or running the car hard when I know the temps are a little higher.

I guess it's more for a peace of mind sometimes, my a2a has been fine but since I'm planning on hitting the track and want more power down the line a2w is really the way to go in my opinion.

Personally if I weren't planning on tracking I think a2a is fine depending on I guess where you live and if you plan on driving in 100 degree weather. I've hit air intake temps of 145's or so on the highway while doing pulls and the highest I've seen has been in stand still traffic, but that's not really a concern since I'm aware of it and I'm not on the boost then or running the car hard when I know the temps are a little higher.

I guess it's more for a peace of mind sometimes, my a2a has been fine but since I'm planning on hitting the track and want more power down the line a2w is really the way to go in my opinion.

Spoken like a true Joe Racer Boy

Thanks Sduff, Ok so now lets ask guys that are already tracking their cars with a water to air system: Are you guys seeing good temps?
I'm guessing that anything is better than the side mount IC I have know, But Ill like to know.

-MSR

Back