• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thinking about purchasing NSX over FD

I ran synthetic oils and my turbos lasted 130k miles before I rebuilt it to upgrade the turbos.

Batman I believe I met you before, had no idea your NSX was S/C. I came in my RX8 at Pacific Commons once, with my buddy in a blue evo8 but he didnt want to stay so we left. Im leaning towards NSX but its going to be a lot of money to get power out of it of course. As a daily I think the NSX would be best no contest. Although FD reliability has gotten way easier to achieve over the years.

I owed a really nice Rx-2 with a street ported 12a. Rotary engines are a nightmare in terms of reliability. My last girlfriend had an Rx-8 and it drank oil like crazy and got 18mpg

I get 19 mpg roughly in my 8, Mine hardly drinks oil. Depends how much my foot is on the floor.

Batman I believe I met you before, had no idea your NSX was S/C. I came in my RX8 at Pacific Commons once, with my buddy in a blue evo8 but he didnt want to stay so we left. Im leaning towards NSX but its going to be a lot of money to get power out of it of course. As a daily I think the NSX would be best no contest. Although FD reliability has gotten way easier to achieve over the years.

I get 19 mpg roughly in my 8, Mine hardly drinks oil. Depends how much my foot is on the floor.

I race my brother in my NSX versus his RX8 and his RX8 has better handling and breaking. I'm a better driver. But thanks to his RX8's 50/50 weight, larger brakes, larger front tires (275) and TCS/DSC he'll out maneuver me.

Yes, the NSX is better all around car in terms of MPGs, fit and finish, and reliability.

it's a VERY good car that can grow with you as you develop more funds for power mods, for example. When u add something like the supercharger it magically makes the NSX like a Ferrari in the power sense, if not faster. Really does a wonderful job in transforming the car.

Having been around RX-7's I think you will be pleased with the nsx as a duel purpose track and driver friendly car. In addition, I think (could be wrong) but there are more well maintained NSX's around than equally cared for RX-7s. goodluck!

The RX7 has better brakes and power steering to the NSX. As a matter of fact the FD and RX8 steering is better than the NSX and all of the cars that I've driven in my life. It's VERY precise. great for the track and off the track.

Yes, the average NSX owners treat their cars better than most of the average RX7/8 owners I've seen.

The RX7 has better brakes and power steering to the NSX. As a matter of fact the FD and RX8 steering is better than the NSX and all of the cars that I've driven in my life. It's VERY precise. great for the track and off the track.

Yes, the average NSX owners treat their cars better than most of the average RX7/8 owners I've seen.

Completely agreed. I think there is better NSX owners because they have more money to fix their cars and basically whoever has a FD or RX8 usually dont know how to deal with Rotaries. Im most likely going to pick up a NSX if I dont get a 993 haha. I just think NSX would be a better all around car and FD id have to do a lot of tinkering to take care of it.

Completely agreed. I think there is better NSX owners because they have more money to fix their cars and basically whoever has a FD or RX8 usually dont know how to deal with Rotaries. Im most likely going to pick up a NSX if I dont get a 993 haha. I just think NSX would be a better all around car and FD id have to do a lot of tinkering to take care of it.

911s are a challenge to drive well due to their engine placement.

And going from the RX8 to a 911 is a scary thought.

The NSX is right in the middle with regards to balance...

Snap oversteer can present itself, but its nothing to scare a newb driver away.

Your first few times out, leave the TCS on, it will keep you in line (at the expense of fun).

But then try a few times with it off and slowly build up speed. The NSX has very predicable limits that are decent to control once you are familiar.

Snap oversteer can present itself, but its nothing to scare a newb driver away.

Your first few times out, leave the TCS on, it will keep you in line (at the expense of fun).

But then try a few times with it off and slowly build up speed. The NSX has very predicable limits that are decent to control once you are familiar.

Solid rear toe links really help with the snap oversteer as well.

That's usually how I'll warm up at track days if I haven't been in a while. I'll do the first session or so with the TCS on until it starts getting to be intrusive, then turn it off.

The way you all are talking, you describe the 300ZX ;)
Cheaper car, "cheap" big power, and reliable.
:eek:

But i still adore the NSX is every way. :wink:

Back