• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Very nice, problem is I have this big ass mesh left over from the other project.... I'll probably dip it as it may help with rock chips more.
cad8be9db8eb83c21d50c31a89dbbc3e.jpg
ca2727180010a3b79aee984622d6512b.jpg
57a6f8411e4c7f97ea80194701878dd1.jpg

Test fitting is looking good. Now I need to buy more of these tiny self grip washers and paint the screen before install.

Btw, I can't believe how heavy the oem side vents are!!

These things
d949c2ce4848e75ad4d9efa93fe966fc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

sprayed with black BBQ grill paint, then finished off with a thick coat of black plastidip. Re-used the oem screws but added washers so they could grab the screen. Also re-used the push lock washers by tapping them into shape first.

IMG_0849.jpg IMG_0850.jpg IMG_0847.jpg

The test fit turned out well.. still need to actually attach it and the passenger side vent is off somewhere getting refinished with fresh paint
88f35a790b8201d5b59d898cae1026a1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,313
Last edited:
Okay, I was lucky enough to poach an FRP Downforce NSX-R style diffuser off of the Prime marketplace for $360 (normally $850) and saved on shipping because RedWings picked it up for me and brought it back to AZ on a recent trip. However, it had some damage that required a decent amount of repair.

$160 later, I had a repaired diffuser painted matte black.

However, I did not realize I needed a bracket. :mad::mad: So, a trip to Home Depot and let the poor man's fabrication begin!!! :biggrin:

The bar I used had to be tripped at the top or else it would not be able to share the same mounting point as the rear lower swaybar.

Fits...

Walla!!!!

And just for good measure... our very own John Bazay did a photo shoot last night for me... here's one of the photos. It was actually pitch black outside for this photo. :cool:

Daaaamn Mr. Juicy-J gettin down... how did you fix that df diffuser?? awesome job on repairing it!! Those pictures John took of your car are incredible. Post the rest!! :D

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Daaaamn Mr. Juicy-J gettin down... how did you fix that df diffuser?? awesome job on repairing it!! Those pictures John took of your car are incredible. Post the rest!! :D

It's frp so I had a local body shop do it. And I'll post the pictures once I get them all from John (Mugen_kid)
0cf826744b34ed382622bcad612d6266.jpg

Last edited:
^ Just remember that there is no going back because that bezel will leave marks on your bumper.

I love your car, J!

Carbon fiber is pretty stiff so it will leave marks in the clear coat, I had it on my first NSX for about 2000 miles and that was enough.

From what I have gathered, for no particular reason, it appears some of the carbon fiber license plate frames come with a rubber liner and some do not. (shrug) I have personally witness them with and without the trim.

This is one of my see-it-in-person-bucket-list NSXs... I'll have to find some time to take a trip out to the east side one of these days when work takes the leash off... :p

This is one of my see-it-in-person-bucket-list NSXs... I'll have to find some time to take a trip out to the east side one of these days when work takes the leash off... :p

haha... I missed you on the Devils Car Run.. I think you went on it right? I showed up in the morning to the meet up spot but then I had some other stuff to do. Besides, I had an axle boot that needed repaired (did that later with Coz).

No, I missed the Devil's highway run (balding tires... I haven't been able to take care of that yet... ).

As it happens, I might actually get this coming weekend off. My kids love to go to Scottsdale Pavilions on Saturday Nights to see the cars and then get dessert at Denny's. If anyone's going, we can probably make it out that way on Saturday.

Back