• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Those with 02/03 rear valance

There is exactly 6" across the narrowest part of the opening (at the front of the bottom of the slot); it's hard to get a precise measurement with the exhaust in place, but on my Comptech which has a 4" diameter tip, there is ~ 1" - 1-1/2" clearance between the top of the exhaust tip & the bumper slot.

If it's your intention to try to accommodate a dual-tip exhaust (speculation on my part) it'll never work.

Attachments

• 02rear.jpg
    02rear.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 595
D'Ecosse,
Thanks for taking the time out to measure the opening. Yes I'm contemplating a dual-tip per outlet. If the narrowest width at the top of the outlet is 6" with more clearance below, I would think that 2.5" dual tips would work. Height shouldn't be least of the worries because of the 2.5" diameter. What do you think? Thanks again for the reply.

The narrowest part (the 6") is at the bottom of the slot (not including the arc at the top) - I'm measuring across the opening at the bottom of the slot, furthest away from you as you look from the rear - it kinda tapers in somewhat from rear to front.
I really don't think duals will work - if they're 2.5" each x 2 plus what, an 1" between, that's 6" right there - even if only 1/2" between the twins that would still leave at most 1/4" clearance on each side (assuming it's absolutely perfectly centered) which would still be too close for my comfort.

It makes sense. I guess it won't work. I love the dual tip look on the 355 and was hoping to do the same on the X. I really like the 02 rear valance too though so may sacrifice and go with a single tip. Thanks again.

Found this pic. It's NA1-T's car. Looks like the bumper was modded a bit to fit the duals. I'll try and email him for more info.

fce2111f.jpg

ANYTIME said:
Damn, that's my kinda garage!!! :eek:
Missus would never let me bring my car in the house !!! :(
However as a teenager back in Scotland , my mother came home from work one day to find me & a Triumph motorcycle in her kitchen, in the process of engine removal!
Hey - it was raining out - what's a boy to do???
pain.gif

This guy has this car in the FS section. He mentions a modified 360 Modena exhaust. It fits nicely with the 02 rear IMO. This is something I want to do as well.

93B18 said:
Found this pic. It's NA1-T's car. Looks like the bumper was modded a bit to fit the duals. I'll try and email him for more info.

fce2111f.jpg

Hi

Damn.. and I thought I was crazy..but I am not I see that now :D :eek: :D

Regards

Attachments

• img_1108.jpg
    img_1108.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 271
Back