• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thought I share this with all the members

I recently bought a 94 NSX. I had it service and found out the the stock exhaust had a little kink on it; so I asked the shop to order a new Comptech exhaust. They put the car on the dyno to get the base, and after the exhaust... I gained 10 hp at the wheel, and same gain for the torque. I was very surprised that it gained that much from just an exhaust. Thought I share with all the members here.

Max Pham

Hi Xcite50 and welcome,

Congrats on your new ride. If you could answer a couple of questions for me please:

1. What color is your 94?
2. If it's green, is the roof black or green?
3. If the roof is black, what is the last two digits of the VIN?

4. If you are wondering why I'm asking, please read this: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006219.html

Thanks for your help and welcome to the club.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Thanks Tantheman, I heard that you sold your ride. So have you gotten a new one yet???. I saw you a couple of time in Westminster(Bolsa) area with a red S2000. BostonNSX, the 10hp gain is at around 7500... you can call that redline, but still it is a very nice gain for just an exhaust. Litesokneecough, sorry my car is black. That is very rare that you have a green car with black roof, I've seen many green with green top but not black.

Max Pham

I believe your 10 hp gain from exhaust alone as I got 15-20 hp (based on a cheap accelerometer, ie- G-Tech Pro) with CT exhaust and headers. Unfortunately no one has a reliable dyno here in the Quad Cities,
so I can't prove it.

Back