• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time for the new NSX to be fully depreciated?

I am new here. Thought I would share my 2017 NSX acquisition experience, as there is no one on here that has talked about the "Acura NSX Leasing incentive program", and how it has and is affecting depreciation.

The ONLY reason I have one, is the unreal discounting that dealers were offered by Acura to help move left overs at the end of the 2017 model year, just before the 2018's were to be delivered. My car's MSRP was $200,500. Berlina black, with all the options except the full leather seating. Mine has the red leather and black alcantara inserts, which I much prefer. The first dealer I talked to that had this identical configuration car velvet roped in their showroom gave me a lease price that dropped $30K right off the top from Acura, and they quickly dropped another $20K off from the dealers profit. So at $150K I considered the car a bargain I could not ignore. I showed up the next day for a test drive and $30K in cash to seal the deal. They sold it to a guy who test drove it before me. I was waiting at the curb to get my turn to drive when he came back with the car. Never drove it.

I was upset, and searched the country for another one like that one and found an identical one in the Chicago area. Made a similar lease deal over the internet. Had it delivered to me in Texas. Only 3 miles on the odometer.

The lease incentive discounts are now being used for the new 2019's although I think they are now $20K on a brand new 2019.

Ouch... Talk about losing your shirt. Jeebus...

Well if the ebay listings are worth anything, this car has been listed 16 times in 4 months with no bites and now is listed at $128k (after originally being listed for $142k) BIN with a $196k sticker.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254169109817

Those wheels are hideous :frown-new:, right out of the gate you have to replace them....ugh And the $29K in factory CF...:hurt::hurt::hurt:

Last edited:
Just went thru looking at about 50+ 2017 NSX's for sale - seems like a lot. Prices really are all over the place. I think sellers serious about selling have the cars significantly discounted to reflect where the market really is. Other dealers or seller who are fishing for uninformed buyers are offering prices at or near MSRP.

After eliminating the overpriced cars (i.e 2017s selling for >140 regardless of MSRP) I found that the general average MSRP was about 180K and the average listing price of those cars was 132K. Again, those are listing prices not negotiated sales prices. So, I would have to assume that the sales prices will lie somewhere south of that.

The data suggests that as a minimum, for cars that have a reasonable chance to sell, one can expect at least a 48K discount off of MSRP as a starting point for negotiation. I also believe that 2017's will have to be depreciated not on MSRP but rather a more realistic discounted price, in order to reflect the proper amount of depreciation. What do I mean by that? Well, if you take cars that were heavily discounted - whatever that value might be which I think has been significant across the board if the buyer was not brain-dead, one must consider the 20K rebate given by Acura for the 2018/2019 - I see this a direct devaluation of the 2017 models which didn't have this rebate up front. So, I see a lot to things at work making the 2017 NSX as very tough car to sell for anything close to full price or anything close to a typical depreciation rate you would see for other supercars. Personally, think the highest I would expect a 2017 with super low mileage say less than 1500miles and fully optioned around 190K-200K ought to come in no more than 120K-125K tops. I think this is probably reasonable as I saw yesterday VIN: 19UNC1B04HY000405 with a claimed MSRP of $198600 w/491 miles being offered at $128860. I suspect that this price can be further negotiated downward and may represent the tip of the iceberg of actual value.

Back