• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Time to move on, but I'm still going to lurk around here.

After 5 years and 2 NSX's I decided it was time to move on. At least I finally got that "Imola" I've been searching for since day one. It's been great guys! I wouldn't be surprised if I swing around back this way sometime in the near future! Nothing sadder than seeing your NSX get carted off, but this will keep me busy at least for a little while. :smile:
I haven't decided if I'll still try and go to NSXPO or not... I think it may just be too much fun to miss! I've gotten to know too many people here!

Until next time...
P5260006.jpg

I guess I should take some of that stuff off the walls? Or just leave it up until the next one comes along. :smile::smile:

you may give all those stuff on the wall to me man...

just curious, does the 997 feel any faster than your SC nsx? I thought they are about the same hp??

Congrat, you are finally getting a "Dr." car...

just curious, does the 997 feel any faster than your SC nsx? I thought they are about the same hp??

I can tell you from owning and riding in many SC NSX, they feel slow compared to a 997 turbo. It is FAST.

congrats on the new ride! drive safe and enjoy life :)

(+1 to what ken says... i've been meaning to sell my nsx for >1 year and i just can't bring myself to get rid of it. nice, unique ride + good community = hard to resist.)

Nice car and rare color....I still want to step into a 2007 997 GT3 someday.

A 997 will open a can of whupass on a SC'd NSX. Your talking 125mph trap speeds here.

Lol... you should stop by, I probably have more than a couple things you can have.

I'm keeping most of the cool stuff tho, you never know when you may come back to the NSX.

As for speed/etc... yeah, this thing is fast, but that's not the main reason I switched. There were a ton of factors.... just where I'm at right now in my life and what car fits me and my families lifestyle better.

I also have a soft spot for orange cars... I shoulda known better.
:smile:

I think the people that are going to miss me the most are the vendors! :)

Last edited:
Congrats on the car....very nice....just very common...but not in that color.

Nice 997 Doc... we will miss ya.. unless you want us to build parts for that thing :smile:

PM coming

Regards

Very interesting Doc, best of luck with the new Porsche. I keep tossing around the idea of picking one up but just cant seem to get the rid of the NSX's. The community and people here are the major reason I dont make the move already. Best of luck!

Very interesting Doc, best of luck with the new Porsche. I keep tossing around the idea of picking one up but just cant seem to get the rid of the NSX's. The community and people here are the major reason I dont make the move already. Best of luck!

Yeah, I hear ya. Just one of those things... I swore for the longest time that I would be buried with that car (NSX). Then I just figured life is too short not to keep exploring a little. All these things are just cars, they come, they go... some are better than others and you can always go back and get another one if you really want to... and you can't take em with you when you die, just the experience. I still miss my Integra GSR... as well as my '85 Stang... but not bad enough to get another! They were super fun at the time I had em... no doubt about it!

More than a few car enthusiasts have said that everyone needs to own at least one 911 in their lifetime. I guess I'm just getting that out of the way. :wink:

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to be back with another NSX someday. They are just way too much fun! Shame on Honda for not making a new one.

I have a supercharged NSX and I will concur that a new Porsche is pretty fast. Even a base 997S will probably hang or beat a supercharged NSX. Porsches have come a long way. A turbo 911 is just another category of fast. Even if your car has 500whp as a nsx it still needs the update of engineering that Porsche gives their cars every year. We lost out after 2005. In fact Honda stopped making major changes back in 1997 honestly so.....

I will tell you that a turbo nsx will always feel faster than a supercharged nsx to some degree. The power curve makes a big difference on that.

DrVolkl welcome to 997 ownership! I made the move for the very same reasons and I can't believe I never owned a 911 sooner. But as you've mentioned and will soon notice you will occasionally miss the NSX.

It would be a perfect world to have both cars in the garage. I've noticed you are now on Rennlist so I've said hello - I'm "CamsPorsche".:biggrin:

Nice color and nice color choice! The cabriolet's are so sexy and I agree a supercharged NSX will never be a 997 Turbo and vice versa....:wink:

I'm actually at a point similiar to you where my NSX is done and I "may" give it up for something faster - but right now I'm not ready for another car payment since the replacement car I want is almost $170k ~ ouch.

Would be nice to have garage space to keep both cars for sure :)

congrats on the new ride!

What did you do with the NSX?

The community and people here are the major reason I dont make the move already.
Ditto, that's exactly why I didn't pull the trigger on the 430 this past winter and went with another.
Anyway, good luck Doc. Sorry to see you leave.

Congrats on the beautiful Porsche - as a recent first owner of a NSX, I could say I'll never let it go -- but one should never say "never" - especially when it comes to automobiles. I've owned plenty in my time, but who knows - as much as I think the NSX is the ultimate, I may change my mind in a couple of years! :redface:

Enjoy the new ride - stay in touch with NSX Prime - we are all car enthusiasts at heart. And that is something special. Cheers, Jay

What did you do with the NSX?

I threw it away of course. :wink:

Thanks for all the kind words. I know some of you will go through this same thing soon. Just how it goes. I feel good about the NSX experience tho, and I'm confident that when I'm ready to add one to my stable, I'll be able to find the exact one I want, even if it takes years.

Someday I'm going to add cars and not replace them... for now I can't really do that.... but soon I hope!

As far as the SC NSX... mine was putting down 373 to the wheels, which I thought was amazing, and honestly it is amazing.... but the torque of the 911 turbo is off the charts and just gives you such a different feeling.... and then once you start modding it, sheesh... 600hp is not hard at all...

However, again, the most attractive part of the 911 is how it drives, the back seats, and the upgraded interior/driveline. As someone else mentioned, Porsche has been continuing to improve their cars, while Acura just sorta gave up.

I'm getting too old an lazy (with the kids being so young) that I need to feel more comfortable in my "fun" car... the NSX was starting to beat me up and was beginning to not be so much "fun" anymore.... became more like "work"... and I started driving it less and less.

5 years ago I drove my '91 as a daily driver, thru the winter, etc for almost 8 months. That just isn't me right now.

The funny part is that although the 911 is more than twice what my NSX was, I'm less worried about parking it in random places. I just don't think it will draw half of the attention that the NSX did. I like that...

Very nice. What happend to the interior that was getting done?

I love riding in the P cars also, such a diff up to date car. =)

=g=

The vendor gave me a full refund out of the blue. Heard of my dissatisfaction and took it upon themselves to make things right. Rather surprising and unexpected... especially since I had not directly contacted the vendor at that time. Pretty stand up in my book, however perhaps not the outcome that I would have wanted. Either way, best ending for my situation, so I'm happy.

I never understood the whole p-car fascination but I get it now... kinda like most p-car owners will never get the NSX. I feel truly lucky to have had both!

Congrats!! Welcome to 997 ownership. It will hard to find another car that can match its capabilites.

**OFF TOPIC** Can I buy some of your wall NSX posters? pretty please. I can't seem to find anything decent to put in my garage. So far - I have 2 posters and Rolex banner for my GT3 and NO NSX posters.

A 997 will open a can of whupass on a SC'd NSX. Your talking 125mph trap speeds here.

No your wrong.

June issue of Road and Track magazine compares Corvette ZR1 to GTR and Porsche 911 997 II twin turbo.

Results:

Lap time at Spring Mountain ZR1=1:20.1
GTR= 1:20.9
Porsche=1:21.3

0-100 7.3(ZR1),8.0(GTR),7.9(P)

Quarter mile 11.5 @ 128.7 (ZR1), 11.6 @120.4 (GTR) and 11.7@ 121.8 (Porsche) ---- (this is the 500hp 997.)

The 911 997 is no where near 125 trap speeds ..... that's Z06 country.

A SOS supercharged NSX can trap in the 120-122 range. It may not feel as fast but it is as fast.

Back