• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing belt replacement Portland area

Hey, I am in the process of getting a NSX, but I take all my Honda/Acuras to Paul Nix at Town and Country Honda. He is a master tech and has worked on my S2000 from the beginning and will be working on my NSX too, until it is so specialized that I need some other technician. Comptech sent him a supercharged NSX a few weeks ago to work out bugs off so I think he is qualified :). If you do go, tell him Abhi referred you.

There's a shop called Zahntech in Redmond WA that specializes in NSX's. The owner owns an nsx himself and knows the car in and out. It's a far drive from Oregon though.

For routine maintenance, any good mechanic can service the car. For big jobs, such as timing belt replacements or clutch replacements, you'll want to find a mechanic who has a lot of NSX experience. I know Morgan Peetz at Acura of Portland does, but they've made him a service manager and I don't know how closely he oversees NSX work or if he has passed his knowledge along to one of his techs.

Its funny I'm a mechanic have ben for 14 years and I just don't want to do my own belt. I just did my 02 accord 3.0 belt like clockwork. But the nsx I'm hesitent.

A good experienced Honda technician should have no problem replacing an NSX timing belt. My Honda tech (at our Honda dealership) did so a year ago and cleaned up a sloppy timing belt job that had been done by a so-called experienced "go-to" NSX tech at a local Acura dealership.

A good experienced Honda technician should have no problem replacing an NSX timing belt.
Any good experienced mechanic can do one, but if they've never done it before, they won't know the "gotchas" and the short cuts, so you will be paying for their learning curve.

Morgan Peetz is hands down the best NSX resource in the area........I believe he is now at KIA in Vanc........

Back