• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire Circumference

Will 3/8'' in circumference have any effect on tcs. I had to replace 1 rear tire today.I have not put them on the car and was thinking should i get the new tire shaved to match the other rear or is it ok.

Interesting question. I wonder what effect that will have on the LSD and the handling of the car. Instead of shaving the new tire wouldn't it be better to replace the current worn one? How deep is the tread on the new tire?

A new tire is an option but this is the 3rd Falken that I have had start to seperate at the seam where the tread and sidewall meet.I took the tires to get road force balanced and 1 tire would not balance.We broke it down to see if there was something inside and found the split on 1/3 of the tire.
These rear tires have appx. 3000 miles and are the 2nd set of rears to 1st set of fronts and I would like to run this set out and then replace all 4 with something else.
Also when I put 2 new rears on with 1/2 life fronts tcs will come on during some shifts.
Tread depth on old tire 1/4'' new tire 3/8''.
I think this thing would have balanced on a spin balancer but it would not on road force.

Back