• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tire size?

Yes you can.

But why???

That is way too tall, will rub like crazy and set off the TCS.:eek:

I have dunlop SP9000 in the rear and want to match the same tire with it. Dunlop don't have 215-45-16 in the SP9000, they have 225-50-16. I guess I be running around with mismatch tires for another year.

Awh just buy KGP's integrals and be done with it.:)
Aren't they 17&18's? They would finish out that nice car that you are continuing to mod.

NSX01 said:
I have dunlop SP9000 in the rear and want to match the same tire with it. Dunlop don't have 215-45-16 in the SP9000, they have 225-50-16. I guess I be running around with mismatch tires for another year.
You have other choices. You could get 205/50-16 SP9000; that size is only 1.9 percent larger than stock, so the TCS should still work. Or, you could buy four of some other brand/model of tire (and there are lots of choices that are better than the SP9000)...

Ken, that (225/45-16) was the size that I was going to put on the front of my X also. It was recomended by Alex at Tire Rack. You think it will rub the liner? My car isn't lowered. Also what tire would be better, Yoko AVS ES100 or Falken FK 451? I don't track the car but I do engage in some spirited driving and am looking for better tire mileage. :confused:

Zipy said:
You think it will rub the liner?
My guess is that it will, at least when the suspension is under full compression - that's generally been the case for tires wider than 215, and with this one you are adding in the "double whammy" of a slightly larger outer diameter - but you'll have to try it to confirm.

Zipy said:
what tire would be better, Yoko AVS ES100 or Falken FK 451?
I don't know anything about this particular Falken. The ES100 is a very good value for a high-performance tire. Its performance is a step down from the very best general-application tires like the Bridgestone S-03 or the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, but its cost is a lot less than those. It's a good choice for those who are looking to save a few bucks on tires and are willing to sacrifice some performance to do so.

Zipy said:
I don't track the car but I do engage in some spirited driving and am looking for better tire mileage.
If performance and mileage are your primary criteria, the S-03 might be a better choice than a budget performance tire like the ES100, which is a step down in both performance and price.

nsxtasy said:
My guess is that it will, at least when the suspension is under full compression - that's generally been the case for tires wider than 215, and with this one you are adding in the "double whammy" of a slightly larger outer diameter - but you'll have to try it to confirm.

I don't know anything about this particular Falken. The ES100 is a very good value for a high-performance tire. Its performance is a step down from the very best general-application tires like the Bridgestone S-03 or the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, but its cost is a lot less than those. It's a good choice for those who are looking to save a few bucks on tires and are willing to sacrifice some performance to do so.

If performance and mileage are your primary criteria, the S-03 might be a better choice than a budget performance tire like the ES100, which is a step down in both performance and price.

Ken is on targert, once again.

A

Back