• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Rod

Lol see what you got yourself into Woodwork! :wink: News flash:Honda reactivates old factory to continue producing 3.0 liter rods,then contracts with calloway golf to produce a matching set of Tochigi irons! :tongue:

Concerned !!

I have the opportunity to obtain a few titanium connecting rods to distribute to NSX owners in the US.

Does this mean that Honda will no longer manufacture (or have manufactured for them) the titanium connecting rods? :eek:

If and the emphasis is IF this is the case, what will engine re-builders do if no OEM rods are available? :confused:

Re: Concerned !!

Yellow Rose said:
I have the opportunity to obtain a few titanium connecting rods to distribute to NSX owners in the US.

Does this mean that Honda will no longer manufacture (or have manufactured for them) the titanium connecting rods? :eek:

If and the emphasis is IF this is the case, what will engine re-builders do if no OEM rods are available? :confused:

Maybe these are just the discards....The ones that didn't get passed inspector 12...
Or did I miss something saying otherwise?

Hi All:

This is a much greater response than I expected.

I have received 53 PM so far. I can fill all those requests.

Please continue to PM me with your info.

I'll start sending the rods today or tomorrow but will only be able to do about 10 a day.

These rods were intended for another use and at this point are not high enough quality to be put into an engine. They are not from a used engine and have nothing to do with any production decision to continue or discontinue using titanium.

Some of the marketing gurus in the ivory tower decided that we have some great customers out there and wanted to say "Thanks".

Thanks,
Woodwork

Thankyou for thinking about us!BTW I don't think there are too many other car forums where folks like woodwork(oem approved) make such offers!I'm going out to the shed later to pick out a suitable oak plank for mounting! :biggrin:

Thank you all who have responded.

At this point I am at 85 PMs in 24 hours.

Any further PMs will be on a waiting list but I don't think I have more.

Stay tuned.

Woodwork

Woowork -

Thanks again for doing this. It's much appreciated. Looking forward to receiving mine.

Christian

Back