• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Titanium Rod

MCM said:
Got mine in the mail today!
Thanks again!
MCM

Well being that you're in CA and I'm in Michigan, I pray that mine is in the mail somewhere since I posted one slot before you. Oh please let it be.... :biggrin:

To polish or not to polish, that is the question? :biggrin:
I am not going to bother posting a pic. Its an OEM NSX rod.
Will look cool on my desk & be a good conversation piece at work. :smile:
(I have a crew of 5 nuclear mechanics, 2 machinists, 6 electricians and 3 I&C tech's) & various engineers are always in and out. Am sure all will marvel at this little rod.
Am thinking about polishing it out and having it laser engraved (NSX)
A third thanks for your trouble! :cool:

Speaking of "wood-work", I just made a quick stand for my rod out of an old piece of Teak. Its 2"x 5.5" with a 1/2" deep curved slot in the middle to set the rod in. Came out kinda neat. Lowered the blade (fixed) on my radial arm saw down a dozen times. Nice snug fit with the rod bolts keeping it level.
Will post a pic after its polished & laser etched. :biggrin:
This is gonna be cooler than I imagined! :tongue:

PM Sent!

tha_you24.gif
tha_you24.gif
tha_you24.gif

PM Sent. I was out of town for a funeral so I missed this. Oh well I'll hope the waiting list requests can be filled!

Mike

Got mine today, thank you so much woodwork. I was promply ridiculed at work however because I thought it was sooo cool. Some idiots just don't get it I guess. :redface:

RP-Motorsports said:
Bastard. I didn't get mine yet! (Unless the wife is hiding it from me) What method of shipment? I can't wait!

Hey, I was the first reply! I had it comin'! :tongue: It just came in our regular postal mail in an 8 inch manilla padded envelope. I didn't know what it was when my co-worker handed it to me, but it didn't take me long to figure it out.

Hi woodwork, did i made it on time (post #40) or am i on waiting list ?? :frown:

those who received it, how much $$ was it ??

Thanks
AC

NSX PTY said:
those who received it, how much $$ was it ??

Thanks
AC
I haven't received one (yet), but I understand that they are free.

comquat1 said:
It was free. :smile: I would have paid for it though. Shipping alone to me was close to $5.00.

Free !! geez, :eek: I would also pay for it.

Compquat1, tell your co-workers it FREE, see if any of them would have complained. :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, hope i'll get one.

Recieved mine as well,now we need to ask woodwork for the rest of the pieces to make it run! :biggrin: I bet it takes 10 :wink:

Got mine in the mail today too! Thanks Woodwork! :smile:

Is Honda paying for the postage, or are you paying the $$ to ship these out of pocket? I need to get you some money if that's the case.

This gift just arrived a few hours ago. Cleaned it up with 409 and here are a couple of photos I took.

I was going to polish it, but seeing the finish of this piece, I want to just keep it as original as possible.

3710IMG_0645_small.JPG

3710IMG_0636_small.JPG

Thanks again Woodwork!

Last edited:
Hey Woodwork -

I know I was one of the first respondents but I haven't heard anything. It's not that I don't appreciate your very generous offer, because I do, but I'm so anxious to get mine.

Pm's sent.

Christian

Many of you are sending me a PM but not including your address or VIN.

I have sent about 30, have at least 40 to go. I am going first come first served. DeHapa is on the list but I don't have an address.
CoolNSX is on the list but I don't have an address.
x-toy is on the list but I don't have an address.
tbnsx is on the list but I don't have a name for the envelope
ml motorsports is on the list but I don't have an address
I'm still trying to get through last weeks PM. If you have not PM'd me by now I'm afraid that you are not going to make the wait list.

I'm only able to send out about 10 a day.

To polish or not? That is up to you. In Sept. of 1990 the journalists were given a polished rod and they looked like a mirror.

I really hope these don't end up on Ebay, That would really make me look foolish.

woodwork

Back