• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tlx pmc

but do they?

HR-V sold 7k units in April.

Assuming the same ratio pilot/mdx and rdx/cr-v, Acura will sell 1500-2000. Thats not going to move the needle.

Lexus sold 1700 UX in March.

but do they?

HR-V sold 7k units in April.

Assuming the same ratio pilot/mdx and rdx/cr-v, Acura will sell 1500-2000. Thats not going to move the needle.

Lexus sold 1700 UX in March.

UX isn't even in the top 10 in the segment. If we assume similar success as the RDX does in it's segment they could easily move 25,000 to 30,000 of them per year. This would immediately be competitive with the TLX sales figures. Also have to remember TLX's have huge discounts not and still don't sell. Adding another model to the lineup that can do 30k sales volume per year can bring the company VERY close to it's 200,000 unit goal. I just don't see us closing the 40,000 unit gap just because they resign a couple more of our models.

They want them busy at the PMC?

Bring back the S2000 ( and, of course, upgrade the NSX ) ...

Not sure if I am interpreting this right but they made it seem like the TLX PMC edition was a dry run to see if their was some way they could produce the future Type-S models at PMC. If that is the case, I fully support that and I hope they can make that work.

i think the type-s will be more readily available than the PMC.

but point being, they can produce limited edition vehicles with relative ease. PMC RLX here we come!

Not sure if I am interpreting this right but they made it seem like the TLX PMC edition was a dry run to see if their was some way they could produce the future Type-S models at PMC. If that is the case, I fully support that and I hope they can make that work.

Possibly, but I don't see type-s models being limited or special enough to warrant being hand built in this level of manufacturing facility.

You guys talking SUVs. *yuck* :) I know that’s what sells, though, so there’s that.

However: give me a PMC-made (or not, I don’t really care) next-gen TLX Type S with an automatic or DCT that can handle enthusiast driving, and Acura keeps my business. My TLX lease ends in one year. I’m hoping Acura doesn’t disappoint.

They have already made it clear that everything that is getting type S will be the turbo v6 with Sh-AWD. This either means the ILX will be a monster of a car or it won't get Type S

An Acura ILX version of the Civic Type-R with cleaner styling, more premium materials, AWD and DCT option would be sweet.

An Acura ILX version of the Civic Type-R with cleaner styling, more premium materials, AWD and DCT option would be sweet.
doubt they'd add awd.

i keep thinking that the current Insight would be a good platform to use. larger than the civic. add 250hp. good to go.

Back