• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

to install black carpet or leave it alone

i have a 2001 nsx its red with the tan interior. im debating on putting in black carpet with black floor mats.. do you think this would look ugly or would it look good since the interior is tan and black anyone have any pictures of a tan interior car with black carpet.. id love to see.. thanx

Personally, I think it would look fine. I have a yellow/yellow NSX and the yellow mats were not the same color as the yellow carpet so I ordered oem black mats and it looks great. I'm also thinking about ordering a black carpet kit as well. :cool: I will snap some pictures of my interior tonight if you would like to see it. :smile: for what it's worth...

Last edited:
ya if you dont mind.. my interior now is not that dirty could be cleaned but then again in the next year r so im going to have to do it again. i like my interior to look new so alot of cleaning. the black would help out alot. and since the stock tan interior has the black accents(dash, door panels and the center console. i didnt think it would look that bad.

Yes it will look fine. I have black/ivory and installed black carpet. Looks great. PM Ravi, he usually has perfect used black carpet on hand, usually.

Here are the pictures of mine to get an idea... :smile:

do it!!! it will look great. if you could find the other black interior piece little by little to complete the black interior conversion i am about 95% done with my tan to black interior conversion. looks 10000% better!!!

the weird thing is i dont want to get rid of all the tan. i kinda like the tan seats and tan on the door panels. im debating on doing the carbon fiber bulkhead and all behing the seats.. and doing carbon fiber door panels. but well see.

Here's a few that I found. It actually look pretty good with the two tone interior :biggrin:

126-2659_IMG.JPG

126-2657_IMG.JPG

126-2656_IMG.JPG

126-2654_IMG.JPG

the weird thing is i dont want to get rid of all the tan. i kinda like the tan seats and tan on the door panels. im debating on doing the carbon fiber bulkhead and all behing the seats.. and doing carbon fiber door panels. but well see.
I agree, the tan on black will look great. It's hard to go wrong with black carpet.

Here's a few that I found. It actually look pretty good with the two tone interior :biggrin:

126-2659_IMG.JPG

126-2657_IMG.JPG

126-2656_IMG.JPG

126-2654_IMG.JPG

The carpet in these pictures is ivory but the mats looks to be black rubber. I have seen this picture before on a similar thread i posted recently. I was surprised that NO ONE responded with black carpet pictures from an original tan interior.:confused:

I would still like to see some more pics of it, maybe with some aftermarket seats too.:biggrin:

I'm interested in how black carpet will look in a ivory interior too. My ivory carpet is pretty shot, but the ivory trim is growing on me. I think I might keep it. Any pics of black carpet on ivory (w/ ivory seats)?

Back