• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

Thanks for the encouraging words from everybody. I should be in WI by Mon and will have full details by then... :redface:

Man, I can't imagine the feeling of having my car stolen (let alone 2). Hope they catch the jerkoff(s) and cut his fingers off.

Bob, We'll have to hook up this summer after you settle in.

Jeff

quick stop in OKC for the night, first time I've been able to get internet service...

Haven't heard anything on the car yet. Having a hard time filing a police report since I didn't have the VIN on hand and it still had paper plates. And, since it happened in CA and I am moving to WI both states are pointing the finger and saying I need to file with the other state, so it is registered as a 'stolen vehicle', but there has been no police report officially filed yet.

Alot of the interior was torn apart prior to the theft because I was still in the process of doing a few things, so I had alot of the parts wrapped and boxed for the move. The steering wheel was also taken off... so I don't think they'll be able to drive it unless they have a wheel that fits. I'm sure the wheels will be the first to turn up, and since they are 'one-off's' they are going to be hard pressed to seel them without getting caught (but they don't know that).

I am pretty bummed considering this is a dream I've been chasing for the better part of 15 years... only to have it ripped away by some low life thief!!! :mad: I know this may sound rediculous to some, but even if they find it in perfect condition... I don't want it back. As far as I'm concerned, the car is tainted now, and I will always be reminded of that every time I see it. So if I DO get it back, it will be up for sale :frown: . I will have another, it's just a matter of finding the right one for me, or maybe even waiting to see what Honda has to offer in 09' :rolleyes:

Flatbed trailer...

Yes on the insurance...

No on the GPS tracking...

I am just at a loss at this point and don't know what to do or think. :frown:

Wow sorry to hear about this again bro... our prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure there will be brighter days ahead.

Listing has been deleted.

So sorry for your recent misfortunes, Shifty. Let me know if I can run anything down for you here in LA--I've got some free time.

I would contact eBay immediately to get that user's information. After alerting the authorities of course. This is a serious crime needing serious punishment!

The car in the ad showed complete interior with seats, center console, stereo, etc. Bob, did you have any of that taken out? It had an OEM steering wheel also. The brake rotors appeared to be slotted too.

Un F*&KING BELIEVALBLE!!!.

Sorry for your loss. I think we should post this on the Nick thread and other California Car forums to be on a lookout for a LBBP NSX. They are so rare that somebody should be able to spot it.

hmmmm...........at 17:40 it was posted that an EBay ad was up with the possible stolen car and then approximately 3 hours later it was deleted. Seems like the thief may be watching this thread.

Although some may think its not likely this exact same thing happened over on Rennlist. A thief got all the info he needed from Rennlist (various posts on the car, including informtion on parts on the car, license plate, etc.) to know the location of a very nice 944 Turbo. Car was recovered a week or 2 later but in parts and the guy was trying to sell the parts on EBay.

Be careful there are thieves among us.........

This is why, whenever a member posts a picture of my car, I ask them to blur out the plate.....I think that this should be an unwritten rule here on Prime : Post a picture of someone else's car---blur out the plate....So much dishonesty in this World....Damn !!!

Either the people that sold it to you have it or it's in a neighbors garage, trailer and all! Could move it with a garden tractor very quietly and shut the door till the dust settles. That sux!

Cheers
nigel

Thnx guys... still unable to locate the vin. Registration was in the vehicle, and all other paperwork I have has been boxed up and is on it's way to WI. eBay isn't being much help either. :mad:

You may try contacting your insurance company or DMV for the vin.

Nate in DC

The car in the ad showed complete interior with seats, center console, stereo, etc. Bob, did you have any of that taken out? It had an OEM steering wheel also. The brake rotors appeared to be slotted too.

most of the interior was removed (read = center console). The aftermarket head unit was in there, but the ac controls, console, and clock were all removed, along with the steering wheel. :redface:

Either the people that sold it to you have it or it's in a neighbors garage... That sux!

Cheers
nigel

I seriously doubt it (but thnx for the input). The car was bought from a prime member on the other side of the continent... locals, maybe... but seller... absolutely NOT. :frown:

You may try contacting your insurance company or DMV for the vin.

Nate in DC

Last edited:
most of the interior was removed (read = center console). The aftermarket head unit was in there, but the ac controls, console, and clock were all removed, along with the steering wheel. :redface:

I seriously doubt it (but thnx for the input). The car was bought from a prime member on the other side of the continent... locals, maybe... but seller... absolutely NOT. :frown:

see below...

http://auctionfire.com/archives/autobmw1158591015.html

A quick google on your VIN came up with this page.....

The auctionfire ad is broken for me

ShiftyBob I am SO sorry to hear about this horrible horrible news. It is just beyond compehension. Unfreakingbelievable....

Be careful there are thieves among us.........

I'm wondering how many new vultures are now circling overhead thanks to the worldwide attention we received courtesy of the "owned" thread.

Maybe for everyones sake we should put together a list of security tips/guidlines and add it as a sticky to the top of the forums. Things like obscuring your dash VIN or blurring license plates on forum photos.

Back