• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

I will eventually get another... just not right now. Now is not the right time in my life. I'm going through a stage where I am contemplating completely changing my lifestyle... due to these occurances. :frown:

Again, sorry you had to go through this, but glad to hear that Wawanesa insurance took care of you. I've been thinking about switching to them.

I will eventually get another... just not right now. Now is not the right time in my life. I'm going through a stage where I am contemplating completely changing my lifestyle... due to these occurances. :frown:

I was sorry to hear of your loss, but now I'm even more disturbed by this statement. Why would you let a few criminals determine your lifestyle? :confused:

I was sorry to hear of your loss, but now I'm even more disturbed by this statement. Why would you let a few criminals determine your lifestyle? :confused:

I have kept up with bobs posts and looked through his myspace site. He has had a very rough time the last few years. I can't imagine how he feels about how his life has been over the last few years. I won't go into detail, maybe bob will. I can't blame him for moving one bit. Keep your chin up bob. You have my deepest sympathy.

You mean like getting a concealed carrying permit? Can't trust anyone these days.

I have kept up with bobs posts and looked through his myspace site. He has had a very rough time the last few years. I can't imagine how he feels about how his life has been over the last few years. I won't go into detail, maybe bob will. I can't blame him for moving one bit. Keep your chin up bob. You have my deepest sympathy.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate that more than you know...

My recent revelations aren't only because of the theives. I would gladly give up EVERY vehicle I have, and EVERY PENNY I have in my bank account to get back the last few years of my life. Things are just things. Life is what's important.

Things are just things. Life is what's important.

Now you said it all !!! i couldn´t agree more ...

we can't be slaves of any thing (object)... as long as we are well in our life, fisical and mentally healthy, we have what's needed to let things come and go in and out of our lives...

Bob, no matter what, you can't get back those years you stated, but one thing you surelly can do ... you can live the next ones enjoying all life has to give to you....

all the best to you dude,
Nuno

Im glad Wawanesa covered your loss, were they also the same company for your stolen 2007 SL550R? They wont cover my G..their max is 80k...

The SL was NOT covered by Wawanesa because of their low ceiling on max coverages. $80k payout on aq $130k car would do me no good... :rolleyes:

Sorry Bob, I didn't know about any recent tragedies in your life, but that explains a lot. I hope you can get back to your normal life again.

No prob Chops, no offense taken. I'm just tired of life right now, and need to figure out my priorities. Not only has my lifestyle taken control of me, but it has endangered my wife and children as well. And those are things that you never take into consideration until it's too late, and I'm not going to let that happen...

I will be back on the pony again... it will just be in a different fashion.

Hey Bob, once you are all settled, shoot me or Jeff an email. Would love to hook up again. This summer you will have to come to some dinners/track events etc with us. We will be at Road America running our cars Sun April 13th.

Later

Tom

Thanks for the invite Tom. I would love to hang out, considering the only people I know out here are my in-laws. We'll have to get together and have a beer or three...

<snip>... lifestyle taken control of me, but it has endangered my wife and children as well...<snip>
life can sure have some interesting twists and turns along the way, can't it?

hopefully from whatever you and your family have experienced will come a stronger and more happy life for all concerned.

best to you and your family.
hal

I have not heard or seen anything. But, since the ins co alreay paid out on it, I can't imagine they are going to update me on the status or whereabouts of the vehicle. Sinc nobody has seen it, and no new parts are popping up on ebay, I would assume it's probably overseas by now... :frown:

No freakin' way!

There are only a few of us that have LBB, so if the idiots try to sell it, it shouldn't be hard to recognize it!

There are only a few of us that have LBB, so if the idiots try to sell it, it shouldn't be hard to recognize it!

Well, that is true if the car is being sold in the US. It's most likely already in or on it's way to Mexico, Russia, Eastern Europe or China.

We certainaly have eagle eyed primers all over the world,so be on the lookout.

I wonder what they plan to do with such a rare car. Even if they sand the VIN on the parts, they can't really sell it to anyone.

This is really strange. I just don't get it. NSX's are one of the rarest "newer" cars in America.

I just don't see how anyone can gain from this.

Maybe this is a grudge move more than a theft.

I wonder what they plan to do with such a rare car. Even if they sand the VIN on the parts, they can't really sell it to anyone.

This is really strange. I just don't get it. NSX's are one of the rarest "newer" cars in America.

I just don't see how anyone can gain from this.

Maybe this is a grudge move more than a theft.

Very easy to sell the parts as scrap and make a lot of money.

We sometimes see stolen luxury vehicles over in this part of the world but if your caught with one you'd better be prepared for some time in jail and deportation.

I'm looking out for anything in this part of the world as sometimes new Supras and or NSX's appear...

I hope Shifty Bob comes back with another NSX...shame to not get another.

:mad: I know this may sound rediculous to some, but even if they find it in perfect condition... I don't want it back. As far as I'm concerned, the car is tainted now, and I will always be reminded of that every time I see it. So if I DO get it back, it will be up for sale :frown: . I will have another, it's just a matter of finding the right one for me, or maybe even waiting to see what Honda has to offer in 09' :rolleyes:

I know exactly how you feel (house robbed three times) it's a sickening feeling that has emotional repercussions that last a long time. It's a violation, plain and simple. Very sorry for the loss and mental anguish.:redface:

Greetings

Just wait. I think the police will eventually catch them. I will go inside and post bail for them while you wait outside. :smile:

You can persuade them to change their ways. Your choice of persuader. :smile:

Martin

Back