• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

to Silverstone Owners

I am looking to buy an 02+ nsx this year. but i was wondering about the SILVERSTONE color. How different is the Silverstone from reg. silver you see on Honda Accords, civics, etc... is it noticeably darker? I am not much a silver fan cuz i want black. but i know black takes a lot of work to take care of... any pictures would be nice for comparison

There are lots of pictures of silverstone NSXs if you look around the picture gallery.

As for whether or not you will see this silver on regular other Hondas, I believe the S2000 is the only other Honda with this particular silver.

Go ahead and just get a black NSX. You don't want a silverstone one. There's too many of us on the boards here as it is

:wink:

No black sucks too so don't get that. There's too many other ones here. :tongue:

I think the S2000 silverstones are the same as whats on the NSX if you want to try to look at those. Silverstone looks quite a bit different than the previous silvers to me and its a great NSX color.

IMHO I am tired of Black cars. After having 2 in the family, I won't get a Black car unless its a good deal.

I would actually pay more for the Silver cars... I actually like my Kaiser Silver on my NSX and the Silverstone isn't too far off from it.

I had a 2000 Silverstone and resold it in a year cause the color was boring. Bought a yellow one but that didnt work out either. Get Yellow/Blue/ or White. These are the hot colors I prefer!

I had a 2000 Silverstone and resold it in a year cause the color was boring. Bought a yellow one but that didnt work out either. Get Yellow/Blue/ or White. These are the hot colors I prefer!

i can't do yellow.. its too loud for me.. white i will never be able to find w/ a black interior for a good price. Blue i think is a hot color but i don't do blue.. haha

One of my favorite things about my NSX is the matching interior and exterior color. I think the silverstone is nice byt when you see silverstone seats and panels inside, it just looks too cool. My seats remind me of a space suit. When I replaced my interior lamps with LED's, the shine off the silver seats makes the interior look like a spaceship's. Its a very cool silverish/purpelish haze that just glows... I am not sure however when the matching interior colors came into being. I think they look fantastic.

Black is a nice color, one of my fave on any car. But the problem with black is that it hides any vents, scoops, openings, etc. You don't see a black hole on a black body too well. These stand out really well on a silver car. Plus like I have always said. The NSX looks like a fighter jet and fighter jets have a silver/gray color that just enhances that look even more.

I gave up a zero milage 2005 black NSX for a used 2005 3600 mile one, because I wanted the silver/silver combo.

As for whether or not you will see this silver on regular other Hondas, I believe the S2000 is the only other Honda with this particular silver.

Dont forget about the eco-friendly Honda Insight:biggrin: It came in Silverstone and Monte Carlo Blue:biggrin:

Go Insight!:biggrin: - made in the same factory and just like an NSX only much slower. Insights also came in Berlina Black

Attachments

• 03HondaInsightSilverstoneMetallicFront.jpg
    03HondaInsightSilverstoneMetallicFront.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 45
Sort of like MINE!

sisters.jpg

Inexcess - you have already achieved my ambition:rolleyes: - to have an Insight and NSX nestled in the garage next to each other. Each for its own purpose and each amongst the very best for that purpose. I like the matching colours - one day mine may be in New Formula Red.

One of my favorite things about my NSX is the matching interior and exterior color. I think the silverstone is nice byt when you see silverstone seats and panels inside, it just looks too cool. My seats remind me of a space suit.

Absolutely correct!!! Love the silver/silver.

Black alllll the way! So classic and elegant. And when clean, it just blings! I love how lusterous (is that a word?) the paint looks offset with some nice silver wheels! :wink:

Take a look around, there are some nice Black NSX's with 02+ headlights that look awesome!

Good luck,
- Z

I've had black red yellow and now silver liked em all! to answer your question yes the silver is quite different than silvers you'll see on other cars

I am looking to buy an 02+ nsx this year. but i was wondering about the SILVERSTONE color. How different is the Silverstone from reg. silver you see on Honda Accords, civics, etc... is it noticeably darker? I am not much a silver fan cuz i want black. but i know black takes a lot of work to take care of... any pictures would be nice for comparison

Here is the link to NSX colors:
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/colors/colors.htm

You'll never see a LBB guy say that:wink:

"he who knows does not speak, he who speaks does not know" young grasshopper. We all know which color is a man's color and which was made for a woman. No need to say it.

Back