• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Too tall for NSX

I'm 6'1"... is that too tall for an NSX??? Also, would my best mate who is 6'7" be able to fit at all? (ok, maybe not for a 2hr trip
wink.gif

what's the optimal height u gotta be?

BTW: heard abt the guy who wanted to reduce the weight of his NSX... so he went on a diet... :p ok...bad joke...

My friend Matt is 6'4" and he's more comfortable in the NSX than in his '93 RX7. He doesn't have much headroom though. Hope that's helpful.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX??

The only way you can find out is by trying one.

You can make modifications to the seat cushion to gain a couple inches of headroom.

Also note that there is significantly less legroom on the passenger side than on the driver side.

Also keep in mind helmet clearance if you plan to track the car.

I'm just a tad under 6' and my helmet touches the roof with the seat reclined to the most that I'm comfortable with.

The thinner Dali seat cushion is an option and you can gain an inch or so.

It's hard to estimate these things because it's really the dimension from your seated posterior to the top of your head that matters, not your overall height.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

This comes up a lot ... 6'7" in the passenger seat would probably be a really tight fit at best.

I am 6'5" and have no problems ... unless as Jim correctly points out ... I try to put on a helmet and get in, to do that I would have to do one of the seat mods.

I just recently drove my car about 700 miles from Portland to San Francisco no cramps or stiff necks to speak of
smile.gif

Litesokneecough: thanx man... very helpful. Is ur 6'4 friend comfortable in the drivers seat, or just passenger? (noting space for pedals)

also, what's the foot room like... for example, i got size 11 shoes... my 6'7 wears size 17. Did the japanese design the cars for feet THAT big? =)

oh; good point about the helmet... guess i should get an NSX-T and pop the roof for that (and hope i dun roll the car! lol)

[This message has been edited by NeoNSX (edited 01 October 2002).]

Hi Jonathan,
700 miles?
That must be a blast
smile.gif

How was the drive?

It seems to depend a lot on "where" your height is. I'm 6' with short legs and a long body which makes for limited headroom. I'm going to need to switch the seat cushion to fit with a helmet on.

Drive one.

Originally posted by insx:
Hi Jonathan,
700 miles?
That must be a blast
smile.gif

How was the drive?

The drive was great, nice and sunny, smooth, fast
smile.gif

Going through the border check between Oregon and California the inspector said "Got any fruit in the race car?"..."No, sir"..."OK good, now just wait until you are out of my site before you gun it, ok?"

biggrin.gif

FIRST OFF.... I KNOW I AM REVIVING AN OLD THREAD... BUT, I figured better to reply to an old thread, than make my own/exact same thread... sorry again for bring back the dead,

I am 6'4"/260lbs, pretty big dude. I have 36"inseam, so I am long-legged. I was wondering about the fit in the NSX, because I have not had the opportunity to sit in one, as I have only ever seen 2 in person ( i live in the boonies, ok!? lol :D ) I barely fit into the C5 vette, do fit in the GTS viper, I have managed to squeeze myself into the MR-2spyder. I find the G35/350Z, and M3 are the most comfortable cars...

could someone compare the NSX to any of these cars, as to similar leg room. My biggest problem with cars is getting legs under the wheel to get in the car. I almost bought a 99eclipse recently, until I found I don't fit with the stock steering wheel, but do with an aftermarket/smaller wheel. I am not buying an NSX tomorrow, but it's the type of car I want sometime in the future, and now is as good a time to start saving if I decide I want oen then... so help please!!

p.s. sorry again for bring back the dead... but it proves i did do a search!! :D

Gonna be close, Rick. I'm 6'-3", 235 with a 34 inseam. I can move the seat back a tad from my driving position though. In normal driving I fit fine. On the track (with helmet), it's a tight fit. I'd guess that if I had the additional 2 inches of inseam, it would make the track experience tough.

After Market seats

I just talk to Seth at SOS today, they are making a new side mount bracket for the Recaro seats, it should be done in couple weeks, and it should be cheaper in price than the Taitec one, but offer equal or better adjustments.

He also inform me that they will have a package deal with Recaro seats and bracket for around 1k. Now that would solve most of our problems about more head room.

As for more leg room, I think Seth can answer your questions since he now runs Recaro with Taitec side mount brackets.

Just a thought.

Rick,

We are somewhat close in size. I am 6'4 220lbs. My inseam is also 36 inches. I defianately have to squeeze in to the car. Nevertheless, I am able to drive the car just fine tilting the steering wheel all the way up, and moving the seat all the way back. I do not have any seat modifications.

At your size, you will most likely need to shave an inch of cushioning off the seat bottom (I may do this as well).

If you like the car, purchase it. The modifications you may need to fit comforatably will not be extensive.

If I were you, I would find out when some folks are meeting up in your area and ask them if you can sample the fit.

Edwardo said:
Rick,

We are somewhat close in size. I am 6'4 220lbs. My inseam is also 36 inches. I defianately have to squeeze in to the car. Nevertheless, I am able to drive the car just fine tilting the steering wheel all the way up, and moving the seat all the way back. I do not have any seat modifications.

I guess no better time than the present for a first post. I'm the exact dimensions as Edwardo. 6'4/220lbs/36inseam. I "fit" in the NSX fairly well. It's a little tight on headroom, but I figure I'll mod or replace the seat to fit.

If you like driving the car, you can work with the seat issue. Don't let it keep you from buying an NSX if that's what you want. I just went thru an M3, and two Audi TT's. I fit very well in both of those cars, but I'm sure that with a little tweaking that I'll fit just fine in the NSX as well. If you haven't driven one yet, DO IT. The one thing I can tell you about this car, although I haven't bought mine yet, is this... Once you've been in this car for 5 minutes, it'll feel as if you've been driving one for 2 years. It is absolutely one of the best balanced, point and shoot, cars that I've ever driven.

I just "retired" from gokart racing, and I can tell you that this is the closest thing to a gokart with a roof on it that I've ever driven. And I'm on car #73 for me, so I've driven a few. Wonderful piece of engineering IMHO.

Good luck.
Brad

6' 4" here, 195 lbs and 36" inseam.

I've sat in a 94 and 97 and both fit me just fine. I also had a 93 Rx-7 and that was a bit tight. Had to sit in it for an hour before I decided that I could be comfortable. Eventually the Rx turned out to be too tight.

This is always a big consideration with me when looking at a car and is a major deciding factor. I also can't fit in 911's or 993's, which my wife considers a blessing.

This is one of the reasons I'm getting an NSX, plenty of room and would be comfortable for long trips.

NSX-Stalker

wow,.... thanx alot guys, u guys actually take the time to reply, awesome. I am gonna have to stick around here then, hard to find forums who don't flame you for asking questions.

Info much appreciated! I think I am gonna have to go try one on for size! thanx :D :D :D

im 6'1-6'2 and had about two inches head space.

but i have a fairly long torso.

i think the nsx is slightly more roomy than many of the other exotics.

like others have said, there are also other seat options, as well as 'shaving' the stock seat.

Back