• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Touch up paint for 2019 NSX wheels

I just called my Acura dealer to order some touch up paint for my Y-Spoke wheels on my 2019 NSX and was told Acura does not make touch up paint for wheels. Parts guy said they only make touch up paint for "exterior colors". I told parts guy, last time I looked, my wheels where on the exterior of the car and were subject to just as much road debris if not more that the body panels. He was dumbfounded! Anyway does anybody have a close match to the dark gray color of the Y-spoke wheels? I met an on coming truck and he threw a rock on my wheel and knocked a half inch chip out of my wheel. Not going to replace the wheel, because I expect more debris damage, but I would like to touch it up. If anybody has had some experience with this, I would appreciate a starting point. I was just going to go to a parts store and see if I could match a couple of caps, but at $15-$20 a pop I would like to get it close the first time.

If the nail polish turns out to be a dead end you could search for a hobby store in your area. They have tons of paint options for model cars/planes. Shouldn't be too difficult to find something that matches well.

Last edited:
The only good thing about my car was that I bought the tire and wheel insurance when I leased the car. The first week I got a nail and they put a new OEM tire on. That paid for the insurance right there. I should have curbed the wheels before my car went into permanent storage.

A week after I got my car, a curb extended itself as I was turning and scratched my rear wheel. Pretty annoying.

I found a wheel repair guy that came to my house, grinded down the scratch, and mixed the paint onsite to match. Amazing job. You cannot see the scratch though you can feel the texture of the wheel is not as glossy as original. $75. It's been 7-8 months and seems to be holding up.

I would also recommend contacting a wheel repair shop as well

I had some rubbed off a wheel (perhaps while at the dealership)

The guy matched it so well that I cannot tell where the repair was

You also can not buy touch up paint for the Andaro colors Nouvelle Blue and Valencia Red.

If you really need some touch up paint for the wheels, you can go to a body shop and see if they’ll find a way to get you some. The paint code is NH-813M (Shark Grey M)

OK, I figured honda would not go to the expense of mixing a special paint for the NSX wheels and I was correct. The Honda touch up paint for the NSX wheels is "Modern Steel Metallic" and the part number is 08703-NH797MAH-A1. I purchased some generic with the same part number from ebay and it was a perfect match. I wet sanded the area a little and used the touch up paint. If you know where to look, you can see the blemish, otherwise it is pretty well hidden. The response from the dealership parts person even irks me more now. I think they just wanted to sell me a complete new wheel and did not want to sell me the $20 touch up paint.

Thanks Tasha. Have been trying to figure that out for myself. Ordered a paint pen in the color you suggest.

Back