• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tow Hook for after market front bumper ?

It just very recently dawned to me that after having a widebody conversion, there is now no opening in my front bumper for the tow hook...

Has anyone with a front bumper conversion face a similar problem ? what options do I have now besides drilling a hole in the front bumper ? Is there a way to extend an arm from the tow mount to right under the front bumper ?

It is starting to worry me as I drive because if I ever need a tow, I would have to remove the front bumper.... which might be impossible if I am in the middle of nowhere with a flat tire.....:frown:

Mine was taken out when I had the Sorcery kit. I guess I'll just have to use the two hooks under the front bumper.

Exactly. I've never used the tow hook behind the plastic cover when flatbedding the car. There are two aluminum holes/hooks under the front bumper which work much better since the load from the winch is equalized along the centerline of the car. These hooks as well as two identical ones in the rear are also used for tie down points once on a flatbed.

Thanks for the inputs...

Hugh, is the hooks in the back identical to the ones up front and can be used for towing ? The problem for me is that even the 2 holes up front are covered by the bumper...I might have to add an extender of some sort...

fifthearth said:
Thanks for the inputs...

Hugh, is the hooks in the back identical to the ones up front and can be used for towing ? The problem for me is that even the 2 holes up front are covered by the bumper...I might have to add an extender of some sort...

I believe they can also be used for getting the car up onto a flatbed. Check with your dealer to be sure. They certainly seem very similar to the front ones.

The dali works well for the front. You can use the stock two 14mm mounting holes on the lower passenger side front frame rail, then just poke it through the front bumper.

Back