• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Toyo Proxes T1-S PSI

I just switched my Yoko OEM tires to Toyo Proxes T1-S on my '91 NSX. On the OEM tires, I kept the rear pressure at 37, and the fronts at 33. The new tires came back from the dealer at 30psi on all 4. Should I leave them, or change back?
I use the car as a daily driver. For those that care, the new tires are great in the rain. There may have been a slight decrease in performance on dry pavement (minimal).

The dealer probably inflates all tires to 30 psi on every car they see.
eek.gif

For a starting point, I would either use Honda's recommended 33F/40R or the pressure you were using on the OEM tires 33F/37R, and then adjust as appropriate if they're not wearing evenly (middle vs edges) or for any other reason you might think it's needed.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 08 August 2002).]

Keep in mind that slight overinflation will loosen grip and slight underinflation will increase it, in addition to just trying to get the treads to wear evenly. Mi dos centavos, si claro (my 2 cents of course).
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 11 August 2002).]

Back