• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trip to costco

You are brave parking by a cart return, I've seen too many people just heave carts randomly in the general direction of the cart rack.
I was thinking the same thing. Last year my GF parked my jeep near one, and wouldn't ya know a cart hit it and made a HUGE dent in the fender. Luckily a dent wizard worked his magic.

that's asking for trouble man...... people that wish they could have one are known to sling the carts are vettes and Ferrari even when they are parked out in BFE

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO:.......... backing the car into a spot...... if someone hit your front your buying new lights, 900 each, bumper, hood, a/c condenser, radiator, rad support, fenders.

pulling it in exposes your rear but safer and cheaper to repair, and someone hits you, you would only need to replace the rear bumper cover.

think about it

Beautiful NSX! Looks great.

I was gonna say the same thing as the other fellows. Just because no one can park next to you doesn't make you safe; especially from the people that joyride/shoot the shopping cart into the cart rack.

Went and got gas there today..$4.19 a gallon:eek:

So sick of oil companies raping the public...:mad:

Went and got gas there today..$4.19 a gallon:eek:

So sick of oil companies raping the public...:mad:

I just got back from fill in yup at Costco. $4.07 for 93. That's cheaper than the 87 at most stations around me.

Did you notice the signage stating that they have now 'Top Tier' gas. On their website it looks like a national rollout.

that's asking for trouble man...... people that wish they could have one are known to sling the carts are vettes and Ferrari even when they are parked out in BFE

- - - Updated - - -

ALSO:.......... backing the car into a spot...... if someone hit your front your buying new lights, 900 each, bumper, hood, a/c condenser, radiator, rad support, fenders.

pulling it in exposes your rear but safer and cheaper to repair, and someone hits you, you would only need to replace the rear bumper cover.

think about it

Shawn
That is very sage advice
Thank you

Yeah well its better than dents from the front or rear and both sides. I'll take my chances from a cart. Plus my garage could fall on the car and total it. Can't be scared to drive it.

Last edited:
I wonder what percentage of nice sports cars get damaged in parking lots as compared to the average cars that go there? Personally I have a fear of meteorites hitting mine. And I carry rolls of razor wire and land mines to put around my car on the off hand chance that a hoard of zombies should attend my weekend car meets.

Last edited:
I'm all in for driving my car anywhere. Using it everyday. But Costo in most locations is so messed up and chaotic place that I rent zipcar for $20 to go grab food for a week+. Just look what's going on inside.. ppl move around with those carts either like there is no tomorrow or stop in the middle of the pathway and just walk away leaving their shit sitting there. Bump into you.. it's like freaking bazzar somewhere where nobody cares about common sense and about at least being polite to each other. Now all that shit basically shows how ppl act outside that house of chaos Costco is. Parking, street driving especially.. highways for most feel dangerous to pull stupid moves like that but many succeed there too.. well.. you get the idea.

This comes to mind when I think Costco:

I went to Costco yesterday too:

Rzz8YSX.jpg

As seen above, at least Costco's got the dual lines of paint. That helps against the 95th percentile of poor parkers/oblivious door openers.

^Your midnight pearl looks amazing by the way.

Lucas

Came out of walmart one time and someone deliberately shoved a shopping cart into the front bumper of my CTS. It had to be done deliberately, because it actually gouged the paint on top of the bumper... if it had just rolled into it, it wouldnt have done that. It hit with force. I was just parked in a normal spot, I wasnt parked like an asshole or anything... although the family that was walking by when I saw it probably thought I was an asshole, because Im sure their kids learned some new words from my tirade.

Back