• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk Problem

Has this happened to anyone on here? My trunk is closed but the part where the struts are located is lifted on both sides.. Can this be fixed by replacing struts?

<a href=

Attachments

• IMG_1640A.jpg
    IMG_1640A.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 124
Bad struts should not cause the tunk lid to lift, they should only cause the trunk lid to not stay open. Check your strut mounts and hinge bolts to see if they're tight. Something is misaligned.

Guys Thank you for your replies and help... I checked the hinges and they are not craked, everything appears tight and in place.. I did noticed a gap between the hinges and the trunk lid, I dont know if this is normal.. please take a look at the pics I attached and let me know what you think.. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1650A.jpg
    IMG_1650A.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1651A.jpg
    IMG_1651A.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1649.jpg
    IMG_1649.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 95
Looks like your hinges are starting to take a turn for the worse. The paint cracks because the aluminum flexes farther than the paint can handle and probably more than you realize. The hinges are probably bent which is why there's the gap that you're wondering about. As they bend back and forth when you open and close the trunk (fulcrum moves from the strut top to the bend), the metal will eventually fail. Well this has been my experience in anycase.

Take the struts off and look for any looseness. There should be none and the movement should be smooth. Any binding should lead you to the problem. Good Luck!

I see you’re missing the trunk hinge stoppers (p/n 74826-SL0-000) and it doesn’t look like there are any shims between the trunk hinges and the chassis (p/n 90508-SL0-000). I believe both of those things raise the forward edge of the trunk lid. If the forward edge of your trunk lid is too high without any shims and it’s still too high if even the rubber stoppers have been removed, then it’s something else. Bent hinges, as d.n said? Are all the mounting bolts in place?

LOL happened to me

make sure the 10mm bolts are nice and tight then all 8 of them

close trunk and press down on that side real hard

it will press the trunk back to were it needs to be repeat to perfection.

oh I dont wanna bend anything well it worked for me thats all i can say

my 2 cents

If you want help with this PM me.
I will be glad to assist you but it must be via PM only.

Last edited:
Back