• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk strut - top joint replacement

Hey all,

I removed my trunk struts last night to ship them off to Strutwise for a rebuild and the top mount on one of them disintegrated after I removed it. The socket part that holds the brass connector ball is the part that fell apart. I borrowed a picture from another thread just in case I am not describing the part clear enough (all credit to that original poster). It doesn't look like it is a separate part from Acura in looking at the parts catalog. Anybody know if this can be replaced and if so where to get that part? If not I guess new ones are the way to go.

For the "search" guys - I did a search but didn't find anything and quite frankly searching for "brass ball holder" on Google did not yield anything close to what I was looking for...

Thank you.

Attachments

• 5957DSC01645_.JPG
    5957DSC01645_.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 116
dealership sells the whole thing for 20 bucks. how much are you paying to rebuild them?
they come with new plastics etc.

dealership sells the whole thing for 20 bucks. how much are you paying to rebuild them?
they come with new plastics etc.

Thank you for the reply. Just to be clear, are you saying the struts are about $20?

Maybe I should have mentioned that I am in Canada and there are pricing "adjustments" or penalties for living here. The Canadian dealer just quoted me $105/strut. There is a discount through the NSXCC which I will take advantage of but it still puts the price well above the rebuild. Its $35 to rebuild the struts.

They're about $90 in the US (complete with ball). EDIT: yes d.n that IS for a pair.

Last edited:
I think the $90 quote above is for a pair. $105/ea in Canada is really a huge markup.

There is somebody in the vendor section selling aftermarket ones at a reasonable price if you wanted to go that route. I want to say I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 for the pair shipped.

I got a pair of new struts and studs and clips from Delray Acura. Price including freight was 117.00
Strut 74872-SL0-023
Stud,Ball 90102-SL0-003
E-Ring 90755-SB2-000

Prices here in Canada are stupid. They wanted $ 121.00 each. I don't think so.

Back