• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TSW Mirabeau

Thanks, I guess I will start to look for a super light weight set of 17"/18" wheels for the car. Anybody have a link that they want to point me to, since I know this topic probably has been discussed many,many times. Thx

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'll take your advice and get some quality wheels. They definitely don't do that Benz any justice for sure! Crazy how some wheels look good on one car, but not on another.

here's a thread i started to get some advice on volk forged monoblock wheels,which are super light,high quality,and expensive.i'm new to wheels ,too,and decided you could upsize with these without a performance penalty.i haven't gotten any yet-
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...CE28N-wheels-perform-as-well-as-stock-16-17-s

Here is the car dropped.
View attachment 104780

And here it is today.
View attachment 104781

Wow! What a difference the springs made. Now i'm assuming the first picture with the Thruxtons are the 18"/19" & the second one is with the 17"/18" wheels with the same lowering springs?

- - - Updated - - -

here's a thread i started to get some advice on volk forged monoblock wheels,which are super light,high quality,and expensive.i'm new to wheels ,too,and decided you could upsize with these without a performance penalty.i haven't gotten any yet-
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...CE28N-wheels-perform-as-well-as-stock-16-17-s
That's what I was thinking as well, if you could get super light, high quality wheels you could avoid the 18"/19" weight penalty. But like you said they are expensive!

Wow! What a difference the springs made. Now i'm assuming the first picture with the Thruxtons are the 18"/19" & the second one is with the 17"/18" wheels with the same lowering springs?

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was thinking as well, if you could get super light, high quality wheels you could avoid the 18"/19" weight penalty. But like you said they are expensive!

The first is the tanabe springs, the second is with coilovers. I wanted to get the height where I wanted it.

The 18x8 +35 front
19x9.5 + 40 rear
19x10.5 +27 could also work.

This guy did a custom drill (probably from a 5x120) to get his to fit.
934799_10201118358020615_2060431434_n.jpg

More pix here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Red-black-108k-miles-JH4NA1156RT000131-26-000

Hey found this thread late. That was my 94. The wheels were 18x8 et35 and 19x9.5 et40, ggot them on my 91 bb now. Will snap some shots if you're interested. If you're dropped anything over an inch you'll rub on full lock
They were 5x112 in the rears and were redrilled to spec.

something to note is that the stock bolts that are fitted into the tpms failed on me twice. Have your tire shop replace them with rubber valve stems

If you do decide to go with them, give Eric at wheelstudio.com a call. Tell him that Danny sent you, He'll hook you up

Last edited:
Daniel,

What's up it's Gabe, it looks like you got yourself another one huh? What did you do with the 94? What happened with the whole situation with the car after we went out there? By the way we can't wait to go back! We had the time of our life..well as much as you can with a 3yr old in tow lol

I'm interested in some pictures on your BB. I have a BB also. Thanks.
Hey found this thread late. That was my 94. The wheels were 18x8 et35 and 19x9.5 et40, ggot them on my 91 bb now. Will snap some shots if you're interested. If you're dropped anything over an inch you'll rub on full lock
They were 5x112 in the rears and were redrilled to spec.

something to note is that the stock bolts that are fitted into the tpms failed on me twice. Have your tire shop replace them with rubber valve stems

If you do decide to go with them, give Eric at wheelstudio.com a call. Tell him that Danny sent you, He'll hook you up

Back