• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

turbo >500whp why???

Don't just buy a kit because it is cheap. The companies that have been around for awhile are less likely to crap out on you or give poor help down the road if there is a problem. Big Brown, didn't we already talk about this? Send me a PM. What is your budget on this project? Don't forget if you don't build up your engine for some of these kits you will pay more in the long run than you originally plan to.

Call Billy and have him clear this up. He is world of knowledge. I use him for my encyclopedia of car info lately. He knows his way around BMWs, Acuras and Porsches. He also gives unbiased answers.

here is my dyno sheet from SOS supercharger done by driving ambition
i like the look of the supercharger better. it had more exotic looking for the nsx then turbo.
and with supercharger there is no lag. you can feel the power even with 1500 rpm
Driving Ambition did a awesome job on my car.

NICE numbers !

Don't just buy a kit because it is cheap.

Don't buy one just because it costs twice as much either! :wink:
Do your homework and decide what works best for you, then figure out how to pay for it. :tongue:

SC and TC is both force induction. just that the way it compress air is different.

SC is more linear. boost builds as the rpm goes up. so it is like having a bigger displacment engine. Your exhaust parts will expose to slightly more heat due to the power increase. Intercooling is more difficult and expensive on NSX SC setups. The SC itself have to be super tight in specs and tolerance to get full boost. easier DIY install.

Turbo boost is more variable. it depends on it sizing. if you have a small turbo you can get full boost much quicker less lag. a large turbo will have better top end boost and exhaust exit efficiency but more lag.. Exhaust parts ie turbo manifold and turbo charger and down pipe will be expose to a lot more heat due to the nature of turbo charger retaining exhaust gas to spin the turbo. Hence the reliabiliy of the hot side turbo supporting parts may crack if not made well. Intercooling is easier. turbocharger itself if oiled and cooled correctly and not over boosted it is pretty reliable. Much more involved insallation.

like some of the members here says.. if you go SC it is much harder to get more power after.

Last edited:
Dude, your car HAULS ASS now. I heard about the number fluffing before, but IMO it's alot quicker than the last time I drove it. I am redesigning my exhaust to hopefully get similar torque #s as you ;)

The airbox also turned out great, as well as the new turbo piping. I can't wait until mine is done, i'm sooo close!

Oh, and soften your compression 2 'sweeps'. It should make your car a little more compliant.

Billy

Haha, glad you were able to drive it! I was really hoping you would so you could throw back some good race proven feedback. I'm surprised it's that much faster. I guess since I drove with all the incremental changes I didn't notice it that much but that's great that you noticed it. :biggrin: I do love all the torquiness of it. It's always been a torque monster for some odd reason.

Thanks for your comments. I hope you were able to translate it all to Fes and Mori so that it will be dialed in when I get it back. :smile:

Back