• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo BOVs: Recirc or vent-to-atmosphere?

Which do most kits do or recommend? I'm reading vent-to-atmosphere BOVs can cause poor idle, rough running.

NSX's are Manifold Absolute Pressure(MAP) sensor based so vent to atmosphere is not a problem, and this is what you will find on almost any honda as it is easier and cheaper to vent to air. Only Mass Air Flow(MAF) sensor cars have issues with venting to atmosphere. This occurs because the MAF meters the incoming air before the turbocharger, and if the air is released the engine will receive less air than expected and in turn too much fuel. When recirculated they recirculate back in front of the turbocharge compressor inlet, but after the MAF sensor, so the air is not metered again.

The NSX will run fine with either. My personal preference is to run a bypass/recirc because I hate the sound of a vent-to-atmosphere valves. Bypass valves muffle down the noise. It's what I run on my SC setup and hardly ever hear it.

Hm, I've got a fairly rough idle, and read here and there that a v2a bov can be the culprit. Rough might not be the right word...it doesn't idle hunt, but it misses here and there. Maybe that's normal.

rough idle, not normal. My BOV vents back to the muffler with no issues. No explosive sound as compared to when it vented to atmosphere. Blodi, you remember when I would hit the BOV and the car sounded like it exploded. NO more,

rough idle, not normal. My BOV vents back to the muffler with no issues. No explosive sound as compared to when it vented to atmosphere. Blodi, you remember when I would hit the BOV and the car sounded like it exploded. NO more,
I think you are referring to the wastegate.

^^^ Yeah, if you can hear your wastegate, your exhaust isn't loud enough ;-P

Brian

Hm, I've got a fairly rough idle, and read here and there that a v2a bov can be the culprit. Rough might not be the right word...it doesn't idle hunt, but it misses here and there. Maybe that's normal.

Unrelated to the BOV. Look elsewhere

Back