• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turbo intake temps?

KGP

Legendary Member
85c = 185f and 18c = 64f

By contrast, my car was data logged on a 100 degree f day with a peak intake temp of 105.

burbel said:
KGP, what is the setup on your car?
The aftercooler is a Factor X custom setup. The following pictures are from a few months ago when it was being built (heat shield not installed yet, or connected in the pics). I'll take some more pics next week if you're interested. Perhaps Mike or Ken might want to comment on the specifics of their aftercooler setup as well.

cooler1.jpg

cooler2.jpg

cooler3.jpg

burbel said:
Sorry for the short post, but is this on a CTSC?
No, it is not. Doesn't exactly do David any good, and I should have referenced that when I posted the IAT's. Just thought some might want a measure of comparison of a car running with much more power, yet far less intake temps.

KGP said:
No, it is not. Doesn't exactly do David any good, and I should have referenced that when I posted the IAT's. Just thought some might want a measure of comparison of a car running with much more power, yet far less intake temps.

KGP,

Very impressive IAT #'s. Are you running a turbo? What size and where is it located? What type of cooling system is that? Cost? Any additional pictures would be nice. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

I have some questions. I always like to see how others work their designs. What is the cooler by the exhaust and a blue hose just ends there, why. Nice bracket by the sway bar mount, very OE looking.

To answer a few questions: The turbo is an HKS gt35/40 (dual ball bearing / water cooled).

...by the exhaust and a blue hose just ends there, why
Answer is "The following pictures are from a few months ago when it was being built." It is the heat exchanger. The portion where you see the blue hose is simply not connected in that picture yet.

My intent was not to hijack the thread, so if you guys can wait a few days I'll start a new thread or something. I will be out of town for a few days, and when I get back and have a chance, I'll take some pics with my new 10D. I also have to pull the turbo off for emissions, so perhaps I will take pics of that as well.

Back to the regularly scheduled CTSC IAT programming...

Last edited:
Today I log some data on way back home. Running 8.7PSI on single turbo with electric fan on air intercooler and extra fan in engine bay I don't get higher then 140F in traffic with average outside temp 80F. On highway temp drops to 130F. But temp goes at list 30F higher after boosting 8.7PSI then it cools down after. I attach my log. The highest I seen on my car was 180F and this was after my aux. engine fan fuse went out and I was boosting all day.

Average coolant temp 210-220F

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 292
If you have any form of FI on an NSX you should very seriously consider some form of after/intercooling. Intake charge temps of 200F are NOT acceptable. Despite this, very few here have some form of cooling...and people wonder why engines fail.

The reality of FI on an NSX is not money friendly. The kit is just the begining...now add an aftercooler ($1000-2000), AEM and tuning ($2000), Wideband and other gauges ($1000-1500)......

I have datalogged several pulls and as soon as I figure out how to get the info posted you can look at my o2/ h20 6.2lb TT numbers. dan

Back