• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

turbo vs. supercharger

Were you just extremely bored to resurrect a thread that's been dead for over 5 months? :confused:

Hmmmmmmmmmm well anyway, it seems like the answer is if you have around $7-10K and a few weeks and you want another 70 to 100 horsepower, get a charger. If you have $25 to $30K and 6 to 12 months, you can double your wheel horsepower and torque with a real-deal turbo.

Darkcyd said:
Were you just extremely bored to resurrect a thread that's been dead for over 5 months? :confused:

Is that the best response you have to my distain with you being a Post Nazi? Segues are for children. Why are you so negative? Is your wife cheating on you or something? Are you so bored that all you can add to the thread is a childish attempt to impede the thread? Obviously, these are rehetorical questions. This means I don't expect you to answer them... Notice all the postings below yours...it is an interesting subject that people like to revisit. If you can't add to the subject just go read something else.

tewills said:
If you can't add to the subject just go read something else.
And you added?

Why do you have to poo-poo it?
Who said he pooped on it? Maybe that's the way you read it, but not how I read it. I read it as a post informing the guy that there is a lot of knowledge within the FI forum, and much of it has to be read and re-read many times, in an on-going fashion, as sometimes "C" doesn't make sense until "A" and "B" are understood. Additionally, the original question was a vague one at best. While not rocket science (actually harder :)), FI with an NSX is much debated, and there are many different views, of which they can't all be assimilated in one thread that asks "I'm having problems trying to figure out which way to go on my NSX.
can anyone give me advice on this??"

KGP said:
And you added?

FI with an NSX is much debated, and there are many different views, of which they can't all be assimilated in one thread that asks "I'm having problems trying to figure out which way to go on my NSX.
can anyone give me advice on this??"

I disagree... there is only one answer and it is TURBO....TURBO....TURBO.

Turbo NSX said:
I disagree... there is only one answer and it is TURBO....TURBO....TURBO.

Most guys these days are going with a single turbo, some with twin turbos..... but a tri-turbo would certainly be interesting:)

All jokes aside, how is your car doing TurboNSX? Are you used to the new power yet?

Sig said:
Most guys these days are going with a single turbo, some with twin turbos..... but a tri-turbo would certainly be interesting:)

All jokes aside, how is your car doing TurboNSX? Are you used to the new power yet?

Could you imagine what the plumbing would look like....It would make the Gruppe M SC look compact... Sequential triple turbo....I like it.

tewills said:
Is that the best response you have to my distain with you being a Post Nazi? Segues are for children. Why are you so negative? Is your wife cheating on you or something? Are you so bored that all you can add to the thread is a childish attempt to impede the thread? Obviously, these are rehetorical questions. This means I don't expect you to answer them... Notice all the postings below yours...it is an interesting subject that people like to revisit. If you can't add to the subject just go read something else.

I'm not the one that's having a hissy fit about nothing. :rolleyes: You obviously have not taken the time to see whether I've written 'Post-Nazi'ish comments before, especially as KGP mentioned above, it was an attempt to inform someone that they had a lot of reading to do; not to discourage discussion of FI (who would want to do that???). You seriously need to take a chill pill.

Turbo NSX said:
My car unfortunately has had some unexpected delays. I should be getting it back real soon. When I do I wil do a write up on it. Damn I can't wait.:D

Ahhh Shisk!!!! I guess I don't need to make my weekly call.:) :)
What's happening guys? Turbo where have you been?

KGP is you car inbound?

SIG, how is your car running?

Actually, I hope all of you are suffering the same fate as me.:D J/k

Actually, I hope everyone is pushing air with no problems at all..

Now, which system should I put on my car?

len3.8 said:
Ahhh Shisk!!!! I guess I don't need to make my weekly call.:) :)
I made it for you today. ;)
KGP is you car inbound?
3+ weeks waiting for some stupid arss brake parts which were omitted, twice, from my BBK shippment. The last part got in yesterday. So the car will be on the way back asap. Been killing me to know that everything else has been done for weeks...

Turbo / Black & Tan - I think I recall (for quite some time, now) each of you were getting a GJTC.....what's up? The two of you have been claiming to soon be driving an ultra-quick NSX; however, that was many many months ago. Show us the goods.

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach said:
I am pushing air but its turning into smoke . . no worries though I will soon be driving the fastest "T" on the planet!

When did my car get finished?;) Details...

Turbo, don't hide my parts. I can wait too much longer.
I am suffering some serious withdrawals, I almost drove a NA car the other day...:D
The motorcycle only provides so much excitement.

B&T, are you getting ready to run big boost? 20lbs and 100 shot?
I want to know about this monster...

I dropped off a 3 litre up there a few weeks ago, its getting the full everything. My car is still here in Newport but the blow-by is bad and I am sick of (relatively) low boost.

20000 "Paris Hilton miles" (hot & rich) with some occasional detonation to knock a few extra chunks of ring dust off seemed to eventually get the better of the stock 3.2 litre. There was blowby when I dropped the car off but it was routed to a loose hose under the car so it was harder to tell.

Darkcyd said:
I'm not the one that's having a hissy fit about nothing. :rolleyes: You obviously have not taken the time to see whether I've written 'Post-Nazi'ish comments before, especially as KGP mentioned above, it was an attempt to inform someone that they had a lot of reading to do; not to discourage discussion of FI (who would want to do that???). You seriously need to take a chill pill.

Pill taken. But, nice try at spinning your post. You must be a politician.

Back