• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Twin Tube vs. Monotube Shocks

I'd like an informed opinion on the comparison of two types of shocks, both from reputable manufacturers. The two shocks are the AST 4200 Monotube non-inverted double adjustable and the JRZ RS Twin Tube non-inverted double adjustable. Other than design, the only other fundamental difference is that the AST are a steel body and the the JRZ are aluminum. Given the semi-nosebleed cost of either of these, I really need something tangible to use in order to make a decision. I'm already using Ohlins Flag series inverted double adjustable with piggybacks and I need to switch to a lower class shock (lower in NASA modification points) which means an non-inverted design with no remote reservoir. I think in general most folks would choose the monotube, but given that JRZ is the mfg of the twin tube I'm not so sure the choice is obvious. Any posts are appreciated-- especially you racers hint, hint.

-Randy

You probably won't go wrong with either. The only difference would probably be in who has the best support and customer service.

My $0.02.

Dave

Hey - Congrats on the Championship!

Thanks Dave, I'm hoping to turn the regional attendance award into a national class championship next year.

I'll probably buy the AST 4200. They seem to have more distributors and were recommended by one of the better rebuild shops. They also do the CTC so I was hoping to hear from Billy Johnson (second hint).

-RJ

Back