• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two NSXs in South Beach in one day..

Funny, it is pretty rare to see NSXs in general even in Miami.. Yesterday, I saw a yellow NSX-T with rims right by Lincoln Road and Meridian.. and then like 30 min later I saw a black 91-92 NSX on the Julia Tuttle Causeway with Georgia plates..

SFLA is a beautiful thing. I was crusing through Weston the other on my 996, and I saw some guy in his business suit with his brief case riding shotgun in his F40.
CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
It must have been that guy that owns the Swap Shop.:D

or the occasional granny driving a 360 spyder?

Miami is sick for stuff like that..

however, I have yet to see an Enzo on the road..

seen a few Murcielago's already..

DocL said:
You need to get up to Boca more often. I've seen two on the road here.

Hey Doc.. I guess all the Miami Enzo drivers take em out at odd hours.. Not a good thing to drive one of those bad boys on US1 at rush hour.. Any S7 sightings yet?

I heard from a F40 owner at the FNA event a few years ago that there is alot of auper-exotic car owners that drive their cars on Sunday early morning (7am) on US1 in Miami because there is little traffic .. Haven't confirmed this just yet.. not a morning person..

Saw two Aston Martin Vanquish yesterday coming out of key biscayne.

weather is awesome today for a drive.. should be around 60 as a high..

The Swap Shop owner also has an Enzo on top of the f-40, but he doesn't look like the kinda guy who would wear a business suit...

Anyways, I couldn't imagine driving an Murc, S7 or, god help us, an Enzo...I mean the attention would be brutal!! I get enough sometimes in the NSX...example:

Last night I went to pick up my girlfriend (Dana) at her house in Weston. The guard at the gate was like: "Oh, tahts one of them acura whatevers" and I told him "NSX"

He proceeded to ask me everything about my car and then, like im the all knowing Acura God, he asked me about his 97 TL and what size rims, exhaust, intake, blah blah blah he should put on it.

Finally I was like: "Dude, my girls waitin for me..." If i was in an Enzo, it'd be like that E-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!

I went to South Beach and all around Miami beach on Vacation for New years this year. And I saw that same yellow NSX-T with wheels you were mentioning. I'm sure he lives in the South Beach area permanently. I even think I saw that ealier model black one with GA plates too. I couldn't believe how rare NSX's were when I got to Miami. Being that you see Porsche 911's and Ferrari 360's like they're a dime a dozen, I even saw two murcialago's and a Diablo roadster in the same day. I figure NSX's would be more common there...WRONG. They are just as rare in Miami as any other metropolitan area. I only saw those two mentioned ones as well. And I was there on vacation for a full week looking.:cool:

saw a Maybach on 95 this AM.. here is a bad pic taken from my Explorer..

I am going to carry my digital camera with me all the time..

Attachments

• dsc01117.jpg
    dsc01117.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 215
smoore said:
for the price those cars don't do anything for me.

unless i was a grandma running from the mophia:p

Jesus christ SMOORE !

Please change your profile's icon, I bust a woody EVERYTIME I see one of your posts, LOL!

Is that your girl, or a local model / friend you got to pose with the X ? Be honest :D And does she have a sister that looks like her... ;)

id like to chime in here as well! I visit Miami 3-5 times a year for various things and I love it. I am actually jaded when i see something. here is my take on things there:

Ferrari's are like standard issue there, every corner has one parked it seems like.

Benz's are the equivalant to Honda Civis here in DC, its disgusting to see many nice cars!!

I was lucky enough a few years ago to see a Ferrari F-50 on ocean drive while dining, I had my camera and snapped a few pics of it. Ill have to dig them and pist them here.

btw I will be in Miami March 5-12 if anyone would like to come down and join me for dinner. :)

Matt

yesterday i was goign to the court house on 12th street and imissed the 836 exit on 95 and went all the way to US1 to turn around and some guy in an A/C van snapped a pic of the front of my car from his van while driving...kinda cool :)

I gave him a nice little flyby afterwards and he gave me a thumbs up :)

cool cars at Daytona 24H

saw several cool cars at the race, and on the highways, last weekend too -- was at the Rolex Daytona 24H race.

A black Lambo Gallardo passed me on southbound I-95 -- he was clearly doing triple digits in the dry. I passed him a little later in the rain :), then he blew by me again once we got back to dry in Martin Co. Impressive machine.

Still haven't seen any "extreme" supercars (Enzo, Pagani Zonda, F50, Saleen S7), but there seem to be a LOT of the "entry-level supercars" (P911 GT2 and TT, 360 Modena, Lambo Gallardo and Diablo). Lots of tricked-out sedan/GT cars too... AMG CL55/SL55, AM Vanquish, etc -- and of course the good old ghetto-fied SUVs (Hummers, Escalades, AMG G55s, Range Rovers, etc).

Re: cool cars at Daytona 24H

nsx1164 said:
saw several cool cars at the race, and on the highways, last weekend too -- was at the Rolex Daytona 24H race.

A black Lambo Gallardo passed me on southbound I-95 -- he was clearly doing triple digits in the dry. I passed him a little later in the rain :), then he blew by me again once we got back to dry in Martin Co. Impressive machine.

Still haven't seen any "extreme" supercars (Enzo, Pagani Zonda, F50, Saleen S7), but there seem to be a LOT of the "entry-level supercars" (P911 GT2 and TT, 360 Modena, Lambo Gallardo and Diablo). Lots of tricked-out sedan/GT cars too... AMG CL55/SL55, AM Vanquish, etc -- and of course the good old ghetto-fied SUVs (Hummers, Escalades, AMG G55s, Range Rovers, etc).

I don't think I've ever heard of a Lambo as an "entry level supercar" :confused: I reserve that name for the NSX, 360, 996TT, Viper...basically cars you tend to see on the road once or twice a month :)

Re: Re: cool cars at Daytona 24H

Brian2by2 said:
I don't think I've ever heard of a Lambo as an "entry level supercar" :confused: I reserve that name for the NSX, 360, 996TT, Viper...basically cars you tend to see on the road once or twice a month :)
OK -- maybe the Murcielago and later Diablo models (6.0, SV) are not really "entry level" supercars :)

The newer "small" cars (Gallardo) and even the older V12 ones (early Diablos, Countachs, etc) all come to about the same coin as a 360 or 911 GT2.

NSX, Viper, 911/996 (normally aspirated), Maserati, Lotus, older Ferrari V8s -- these come to mind for "entry level" exotics, and IMO a rung below the 360, 911-TT/GT2, etc.

Back