• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two Rare Acuras

And they both fit in my garage! I wasn't entirely sure they would, and even so it's a tight fit that requires folding in the passenger mirror on the NSX. But I was afraid my precious ZDX was going to be relegated to street parking!

ZDX and NSX in the Garage.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like you have the rear carbon fiber wing as well as the carbon fiber rear diffuser? Could not remember but did you also get the carbon fiber roof? What about the front spoiler, CF? Looks like plenty of room. I ended up using yellow floor tape to show where I needed to be in order to open the car door. I have to fold in my passenger side mirror and often will do the same for the driver side once in the garage. Looks really at home.

Yes, we ended up getting all the carbon fiber. I tend to be an all-or-nothing kind of guy, and after seeing the carbon fiber bits on the NSX's they let us drive, I had to go for it. My wife left all those decisions to me, but when she saw the sticker she pointed out that we spent more on aesthetic options than most people spend on a CAR.

I like the idea of the yellow tape. Once I've had it long enough to know where the ideal spot should be, I think I'll copy you!

Yes it is a lot of money adding all the carbon. Having said that I think the car looks fantastic optioned that way. I would rather have the car loaded then have it missing some of those items. It will make your car stand out and generally will always be preferable to those cars that have less. A lot of people on this forum might argue otherwise suggesting it is not to their liking. I believe most of us will not dump our cars like yesterday's day old bread. I kept my 91 for 5 years and my 2001 for 14 years. I found an excuse to drive to the store today and just thoroughly enjoyed the drive. Enjoy your new car. The next thing you might want to do which is not too costly is have the two Acura Emblems done in Carbon Fiber wrap or just blacked out.

It’s easy for you to say it’s great to have all the CF options when you didn’t pay for them brand new. I think the interior CF is a waste of money. The only two CF options I really liked were the roof and rear spoiler. But I’d probably pass on the roof if I was buying new. There are some really good 3D cf wraps that I’d do instead on the roof.

EDIT: I realized you were directing your comment to drmanny3, but my sentiment below still holds.

Actually, I did "pay for them all brand new", DocL. I don't fault anyone who didn't make the same choice, or who mixed-and-matched, but I decided I liked them all. I questioned getting the interior bits, but in the end liked how they tied the cockpit together with the CF engine cover, and the CF door sill jambs which I got installed as an accessory. I guess my main complaint is that they didn't go far enough with the CF interior package--I would have actually paid more to have all the silver plastic bits done in CF as well.

Last edited:
EDIT: I realized you were directing your comment to drmanny3, but my sentiment below still holds.

Actually, I did "pay for them all brand new", DocL. I don't fault anyone who didn't make the same choice, or who mixed-and-matched, but I decided I liked them all. I questioned getting the interior bits, but in the end liked how they tied the cockpit together with the CF engine cover, and the CF door sill jambs which I got installed as an accessory. I guess my main complaint is that they didn't go far enough with the CF interior package--I would have actually paid more to have all the silver plastic bits done in CF as well.

I should have quoted. I think that the $50k of CF on the NC1 doesn't add any real distinction from a non CF car. I had terrible squeaks and rattles from the CF cowl and the CF steering wheel didn't offer any extra feel. I was always afraid of scratching the lower front CF splitter so I always backed into parking spots. And I did damage the rear diffuser fins but you could only see it when the car was on a lift.

I can tell you that the M-Performance CF parts available for BMW have more bang for the buck, and there so many different OEM parts available. And the quality is exceptional.

I hope you get to enjoy your NSX both as a driver and as a customer of Acura. I wasn't as fortunate as most of you. No need to discuss any further.

Congrats again on the car.

It’s easy for you to say it’s great to have all the CF options when you didn’t pay for them brand new. I think the interior CF is a waste of money. The only two CF options I really liked were the roof and rear spoiler. But I’d probably pass on the roof if I was buying new. There are some really good 3D cf wraps that I’d do instead on the roof.
There are strong opinions on this forum for sure. You are certainly entitled to define what you would buy and how you want it optioned. For myself when I really looked at the NSX I saw very few options in comparison to a Porsche or Ferrari. I personally believed that a fully optioned NSX looked the best; and having had the opportunity to purchase one in the color that I loved was a no brainer. I did not think about how much money could be saved by searching for a lesser optioned car. Even a brand new 2020 that is optioned out is not that much more. Since this is my last sports car I was less concerned with how much it was and more concerned with how it looked and drove. Also, had it not been a hybrid I would have walked away.

DJ Iceman said:
And they both fit in my garage! I wasn't entirely sure they would, and even so it's a tight fit that requires folding in the passenger mirror on the NSX. But I was afraid my precious ZDX was going to be relegated to street parking!

Love that you have a ZDX. I think it was the best of the "chrome beak" era Acuras. Definitely under-rated and a fantastic all-around vehicle.

I agree, Honcho! There's a reason we kept it and got rid of the newer, bigger, more practical MDX.

And what's rare isn't the 2-car garage in Redondo Beach, RYU, it's the person who actually puts two cars in one! I'm shocked at the number of people who fill their garages with junk, then park on the street.

...And what's rare isn't the 2-car garage in Redondo Beach, RYU, it's the person who actually puts two cars in one! I'm shocked at the number of people who fill their garages with junk, then park on the street.

Most of the houses where I live have three car garages. Almost every house has cars parked in the driveway and shit piled up in the garage. People leave a $100k+ car outside, but use the garage to store $5k of crap. Our problem is that we don't have basements or cellars here, so storage space is limited.

When I lived in Florida I was in apartment complexes, so garages weren't even an option. But it sucked as someone who likes to keep my cars pristine because of the daily thundershower. *lol* Then again that was nothing compared to the two months a year of love bugs. Florida has many, MANY advantages over California, but I don't miss love bugs!

Hey back in 1975 I attended a Sales Convention with Pfizer in Florida in September (They saved a lot of money). All I remember were the millions of flying bugs that hit every inch of my car.

Yup, that's love bugs. Every March and September. And their guts are acidic, so if you don't get them off your paint in a hurry, they damage it permanently.

Back