• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S badge?

If someone's doing all the requisite mods to build a Type S replica, then the badge is appropriate.

However, just slapping a Type S badge onto the car is pure posermobile.

I don't know the OP's intentions, but that's how I feel.

Just like all those members putting "H" badges on too.:rolleyes:

If someone's doing all the requisite mods to build a Type S replica, then the badge is appropriate.

I agree for the most part, but it does make me wonder- would a JDM Type S suspension from SOS, a set of OEM Zanardi BBS wheels (Type S), the OEM mesh engine cover, a Type R steering wheel on a detachable hub, headers back exhaust and a few other odds and ends justify it?

Just wondering, because we have a badge on the bumper, and those are the mods. Also, we went with the TL-S badge. The car isn't Japanese Market, and frankly, I like the TL badge better. The rest of the car is still Acura badged, including a nice custom piece in the steering wheel hub.

Last edited:
Re: Type-S also has the silver door-panel emblems (like the Zanardi)...

Off-topic, but related...

Anyone (Sudesh, arista5, A.S. Motorsport, etc) know what a Type-S steering wheel (Momo Zagato) goes for from Honda?
Should be $1170 (as listed on our site) including shipping world wide.
Might be able to find one used for you.

Out of curiosity, would this apply to a USDM Zanardi? The carfax says Type S on it:wink:

my mods well exceed the mods of a type-s so technically its somewhere between type-s and type-r but everyone and their mother has type-r stuff on their car.... I guess nsx purists would disagree but that doesn't bother me. :)

Does that mean that anyone with a Type-R part on their car has to have every type-R part ever made installed on their car for it to somehow be authentic? lol

Does that mean that anyone with a Type-R part on their car has to have every type-R part ever made installed on their car for it to somehow be authentic? lol

No, but the Type-R badge needs to come along well into the project -- not at the beginning.

lol

No, but the Type-R badge needs to come along well into the project -- not at the beginning.

lol

Im not putting any type-s parts on my car. my mods far exceed what the type-s car has... if I did put type-s shit on my car it would be downgrading the performance.. i should be able to put whatever i want on my car without any flame wars here :rolleyes:

There is also the Type S door badge.

Im not putting any type-s parts on my car. my mods far exceed what the type-s car has... if I did put type-s shit on my car it would be downgrading the performance.. i should be able to put whatever i want on my car without any flame wars here :rolleyes:

So, why the Type-S badge then? If the Type-S is a downgrade for you, wouldn't that be like putting a VW badge on a Porsche?

Just curious.

P

So, why the Type-S badge then? If the Type-S is a downgrade for you, wouldn't that be like putting a VW badge on a Porsche?

Just curious.

P

B/c its too trendy for "Type-R" badges everywhere....... and no i dont equate it to putting a VW badge on a porsche ..... i think u mean putting a honda badge on an acura.... :)

I think it looks like trash and junks up the car. It looks like a cheap plastic plastic badge that most people would instantly want to take OFF the car. Why add it?

I think it looks like trash and junks up the car. It looks like a cheap plastic plastic badge that most people would instantly want to take OFF the car. Why add it?

I felt the same way about that louvered hood you had on your car... to each his own. This is an OEM part not something you get at autozone. :rolleyes:

What if I wanted to make my car the Modulo Sport clone? I guess you and everyone else would bitch and moan since I don't have exactly the same shit that the Modulo sport has...

I felt the same way about that louvered hood you had on your car... to each his own. This is an OEM part not something you get at autozone. :rolleyes:

What if I wanted to make my car the Modulo Sport clone? I guess you and everyone else would bitch and moan since I don't have exactly the same shit that the Modulo sport has...

I agree with you - which is why I got rid of it. It was on the car when I bought it. I always hated it. :tongue:

Door badges don't say Type-S, they are just a different color.

As I have indicated, there is also a Type S door badge :wink:

updated_rear.jpg

ZOMGZ POSERMOBILE ALERT! LOL :biggrin:

Last edited:
looks good to me!

Poser 02+ tails and valance on your car too tsk tsk lol

Last edited:
Back