• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ufc 121

I'm still picking Cain to upset Brock and I'll tell you why. In most sports, you favor speed. Cain has enough power to really hurt Brock and Brock seems to crumble if you hit him and can maintain the strikes. But Cain has the luxury of being able to throw a strike, maneuver, and then throw more strikes. Brock is fast for his size, but not fast as Cain is IMO. I see a referee stoppage with Cain on top. Brock has a huge vulnerability to uppercuts, I hope Cain is working on this...

No surprise to me if Brock smothers Cain, but if I was a betting man, Cain is going to win.

I'm gonna have to disagree, respectfully of course. Before last fight, I wouldve agreed with you, but brock took some SOLID chin shots, and weathered the storm, all while is stamina was a good 40% (if not less) due to his illness. Even watching Cain's before and after reaction to that fight, was enough for me, to see the fear in his eyes.

I hope it's a great fight

however I've got Brock in this one

I respectfully disagree too.
IMO, Brock might actually kill Cain, rip his head off and throw it into the crowd.
I'll be surprised if it's even close.

"I'm gonna drink a Corona and have a burrito after the fight to honor his Mexican heritage"

Brock Lesnar

He's a piece of work that's for sure, but he'll win again this time. Carwin is arguably a better striker than Velasquez but Cain has more weapons. As much as Cain broke down the Lesnar/Carwin fight, I'm sure Brock has done the same and will be ready. It's going to be a better fight IMO, but Brock still wins...probably late or by decision.

Ortiz / Hamill is an interesting fight. I see Hamill walking all over Tito in the first round and grabbing the win quickly. Tito needs to follow the footsteps of the better fighter (Chuck) and hit the showers for good. Unless he shows up and steals a win, I imagine Dana will dismiss him and be done with the drama that Tito brings to the UFC.

Also want to see Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga. Gonzaga hasn't looked good in a while now so I would bet he's really hungry for a good win over an up-n-comer but I think Brendan is a smart guy that will be well prepared by the Jackson camp. Brendan 2nd round TKO strikes

Last edited:
Great fight

Two words:

DOS SANTOS

As much I like Velasquez to win, I think It'll be hard, Brock has shown us that he can take a BEATING -from perhaps the strongest most bad-ass striker of UFC- yet, survived and won, with class, for me the only way for Cain to win, is to play around with Lesnar (by play, I mean beat the hell of Brock in all angles w/o gassing out) get him (Lesnar) exhausted on the first 3 rounds, then attack with all guns on the 4th, I don't think we'll see a 5th round, if Cain does one error, just one no matter in what time, he will be eaten by the Viking.

The chances for me are 60% Lesnar 40% Cain ... then ...

I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE DOS SANTOS BEEN A NEW CHAMPION!

He can actually win from either Lesnar or Velasquez hands down (IMHO).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCFtgPU1qSs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCFtgPU1qSs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Heavyweights are so hard to predict with so much weight being thrown around one mistake and you are dust. This applies to all weight classes, but more so in the heavy's. My money is on Lesnar, via some kind of smothering and ground and pound. He's just too big IMO. However if he tries to fight technical, Cain can take him. :smile:

I am anxious to see Jake Shields UFC debut fight. He is fighting Kampmann who is no easy target. Kampmann was recently in consideration for a title shot against GSP.

The Lesnar vs Valasquez fight will be epic. Cain has a tattoo that says "Brown Pride", while Brock has a tat of a Giant sword pointing toward his neck. Advantage Lesnar.

Guys don't you watch Spike? It's Brocktober! So he must win. Besides it's still a few more months until Cainuary.

Cain just registered the hardest punch measured so far on Sports Science. His cardio is up there with elite endurance athletes. Brock will have to win this in the early rounds...
<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5710931"/></object>

</object>

I think its funny how they always use Brocks weight in weight vs his actual fight weight is is up to 20 lbs more. So Cain has to go against a 40lb disadvantage. Plus even though Cain has excellent technique, I doubt he has the explosive power in his punches of Shane Carwin.

Plus even though Cain has excellent technique, I doubt he has the explosive power in his punches of Shane Carwin.

Yeah, I don't think anyone hits as hard as Shane Carwin.
IMO, a Shane Carwin with more cardio could beat Brock.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCFtgPU1qSs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCFtgPU1qSs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

does he have a speech impediment? Or he is trying to impersonate the Governator?

Junior Dos Santos only spoke Portuguese when he first started UFC. His english has improved so thats just him attempting to speak english. I'm impressed by how much he has improved.

Its going to be a great fight....Brock will have to see if his stamina can go against Cain....and to see if he can take cains fast hands to the face.

His stamina will not be an issue because he's not going to box around the ring like Cain will. A guy like him will use his weight to "lean" on his opponents and cause them to shoulder most of the weight. In fact, with Brock possibly laying on top of him, Cain will have his stamina & cardio tested more than Brock will.

Someone please quote post #1 on this thread or this post I made back on July 4th. :biggrin:

LOL - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It is hard to imagine someone that size being faster than brock, but Cain was. He stuck to his gameplan and executed flawlessly. What a great fight.

What happened to Brock after he took Cain down the second time? Was he completely gassed. He did that spinny loopdy doo thing into the cage and Cain moved in for the kill. What was that all about?

LOL - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It is hard to imagine someone that size being faster than brock, but Cain was. He stuck to his gameplan and executed flawlessly. What a great fight.

What happened to Brock after he took Cain down the second time? Was he completely gassed. He did that spinny loopdy doo thing into the cage and Cain moved in for the kill. What was that all about?

This clock is happy cuz I completely silenced a very loud fan tonight by calling it exactly how I called it on here and took his money. Referee stoppage with Cain on top, Brock crumbling after he gets hit.

When I saw Brock flying around the ring, leaning on Cain, tackling Cain, I knew he was going to be tired. That loopity thing is when big guys don't like to get hit and are running scared, same thing you see with Bob Sapp. Lesnar tried to become a turtle without a shell to hide in, he doesn't have that warrior heart but he loves to lay a beating when he's winning.

damn brock got stomped on. The heavy weight division is going to be very interesting from this point on. I think if Brock would've took his time and not try to finish the fight in the first round, he would've had a slightly better chance. But I think he still could've lost. His cardio appears to be good for only 2 rounds at most.

finally... an actual heavyweight champion.:cool:

Seriously I was rooting for Cain because I just wanted to see someone new win but.... WAS IT ME? or did that fight look really fake? like Lesnar faked it to lose on purpose! look at the way he tumbled and Cain barley hit him. Keep in mind Lesnar did come from the WWF. After last night i think UFC is rigged.

Back