• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ugh!!My wife borrowed the car

NSXROX said:
Stop letting your wives drive your car!!!!

I am almost embarrassed to say, but my wife was driving my car because she let her friend borrow our SUV to have something to drive while her vehicle was being repaired after my wife backed into it. :eek: I know, I am asking for trouble.

jlindy said:
I am almost embarrassed to say, but my wife was driving my car because she let her friend borrow our SUV to have something to drive while her vehicle was being repaired after my wife backed into it. :eek: I know, I am asking for trouble.
That is absolutely the funniest thing that I have read today!!! :D

There are several options for a fix....but keep in mind that you have to be careful, and if you do not know what you are doing you can mess the paint up more than it is. Especially if you use degreaser on hot paint and let it sit very long...not good. Worst case, have a professional fix it.

I tired to use CLR, very carefully of course, and it wasn't doing anything. It started to feel like it was doing ill effects on the paint so I quit immediately. I used more Scratch X and rewaxed again. It seems like the scatch X helps little by little, but I am going to get a clay bar as descibed above. I have wanted to do this anyway.

Keep Us Posted

jlindy said:
...I am going to get a clay bar as descibed above. I have wanted to do this anyway.

Keep us posted.

My last "spotting" (two days of sprinklers) occurred one week after 3 coats of Zaino. Fortunately, the spots washed right off with a regular washing with Zaino Z7. We have mineral rich, hard water in S. CA, so I believe the Zaino saved me the types of problems you're having.

Good luck.

sorry to bring this up again, but I am still seeing spots. I am not sure if they are new ones or the old ones coming back like a virus. ;) I have used Clay Magic and it doesn't seem to do much. If anything they are not as noticeable coupled with Maguires Scratch X and Maguires Paint cleaner. I have tried Vinegar, CLR, chanting, etc.

Any new ideas to fixing this. I am about ready to take it to the body shop to see what they can do.

“NSX/Woman” Proceed with caution

I once spent an entire week dedicated to detailing my NSX to perfection. My girl pleaded with me, to allow her to take if out for her sister’s birthday. Against my better judgement and with a seductive woman’s way of persuasion, off it went.

Later: when she walked through the door with a smile on her face and gave me a kiss, I thought every thing was fine and dandy. NOT SO! I decided to give the NSX a thorough inspection and nearly fainted. I swear she must have gone through a hurricane! Come to find out it was caught under a sprinkler so she thought a quick run through a car was would be the fix. Hmm, Let’s just say it wasn’t the touch less type!

With her undeniable attractiveness, sweet disposition, sexual barter, a personal check for $250 and an outstanding detailer all was fixed and forgotten!

IMO, i think the water mixed with sand landed on your paint from sprinkler and the sun made the sand so hot and the sand melted your clear coat..
what i did was i bought a very soft sanding paper and sanded down and polished it and it went away.
if you want to do this, go to carwash detailer and get it compound.
its just MO.
good luck.

autobody tech said:
Jlindy I'm in ballwin if you want to meet up I'm sure we could fix your virus.:) [email protected]

ABSOLUTELY!:) You let me know when you have time and I will be there. I really appreciate the help.

autobody tech said:
Jlindy I'm in ballwin if you want to meet up I'm sure we could fix your virus.:) [email protected]

You meant that the water spots are the virus and not the wife right?:D

Though not genetically linked ,waterspots have similar simptoms as wives , Both can flare up once a month. Both can be hard to get rid of when the guys come over! Both can take a lot of work to rub to a shine!:D

Oooohhhh Nooooooo!!!! This sucks!! Right after reading this thread, I went outside to wash my car....I didn't realize that the sun had shifted and now the tail section was exposed to the sun. The water I was using had dried into hard water spots that I think are etched into the paint....I tried NXT (wax with mild abrasive cleaners in it with no luck)

So basically now, I have a beautiful black shiny car with spots all over the trunk fender area.

Back