• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ummm. am I missing something here?

And people wonder why I'm afraid for the future of humanity............

Bwahahahaha!!!

OK. Either I am really bored, really stupid, or missing the boat BIG time.

http://tiny.cc/3xNGk

Geez, I guess I could buy the $25 cards at Costco for $22 or whatever they sell them for and put them on ebay for $29. There has to be a reason for this?

I'm an iTunes user, but I don't buy the stupid cards and I sure as hell don't buy them for more than face value. It takes all of 10 seconds to setup your iTunes account to automatically bill your credit card and apparently after you buy so many Apple products they periodically send you free codes for some meager amount.
Ugh, I just realized that I own an absurd amount of Apple products.....

And people wonder why I'm afraid for the future of humanity............

You should see some of the rocket scientists I deal with from time to time.

"I want to monitor my rental property in Florida with a camera, but I want to keep my camera with my at my place in New Jersey so that no one steals it."

....it took me a few to compose myself for a professional response :rolleyes:

OK. Either I am really bored, really stupid, or missing the boat BIG time.

http://tiny.cc/3xNGk

Geez, I guess I could buy the $25 cards at Costco for $22 or whatever they sell them for and put them on ebay for $29. There has to be a reason for this?

I notice that all of the buyers are from outside the US.

I'm thinking that there must be some kind of iTunes arbitrage situation going on, where it's actually cheaper to pay over face on eBay than to just walk in to one's local Best Buy equivalent and buy the codes there.

quote from auction

"This code is redeemable only in the Itunes store for the U.S. To redeem this card you must have an iTunes Store account. People outside of the U.S. are able to use these gift certificate codes. In fact, this is the only way to access American Media on iTunes from another country... I have experience selling these gift certificates, and will be glad to help you with any questions you may have. "

quote from auction

"This code is redeemable only in the Itunes store for the U.S. To redeem this card you must have an iTunes Store account. People outside of the U.S. are able to use these gift certificate codes. In fact, this is the only way to access American Media on iTunes from another country... I have experience selling these gift certificates, and will be glad to help you with any questions you may have. "

I figured it had to be something like this.

Back