• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial 2010 NSXPO In Vegas Q&A Thread

OldDuffer, why did you pop my bubble LOL, Well I hope my trip is as good as yours I mean with no speeding tickets.

has anyone talked about the price?

With SEMA commencing on the heels of our event, I'm sure the hotels are getting booked up pretty tightly. Has our block of rooms been set aside? A few weeks back, someone posted about rooms at our likely hotel getting pretty full.

It would be comforting to know that everyone who wants to book will have a room available.

J

PS: any word on a vector based file for this year's logo? I plan to put vinyl on my car to represent.

With SEMA commencing on the heels of our event, I'm sure the hotels are getting booked up pretty tightly. Has our block of rooms been set aside? A few weeks back, someone posted about rooms at our likely hotel getting pretty full.

It would be comforting to know that everyone who wants to book will have a room available.

J

PS: any word on a vector based file for this year's logo? I plan to put vinyl on my car to represent.

There is a limit as to how many rooms the committee is willing to reserve for the NSXPO event and IMHO it seems a bit conservative/light. However, being Vegas, you shouldn’t have any problems finding rooms if we do run out of spots, especially with occupancy being down as much as it has lately.

There is a limit as to how many rooms the committee is willing to reserve for the NSXPO event and IMHO it seems a bit conservative/light. However, being Vegas, you shouldn’t have any problems finding rooms if we do run out of spots, especially with occupancy being down as much as it has lately.

With 167 individual NSX's proposed (as of today) on the "official" thread, I hope "conservative/light" is 150+ rooms.

As you know and say (since you live there) in Vegas, there will be plenty of rooms. But having NSXCA members spread out throughout the city and having us try to meet for events in a timely manner will be a nightmare with Strip traffic...

Last edited:
Has our block of rooms been set aside? .

The response didn't really answer the question. Can we safely assume the answer is no?

I did the online booking thing to see if there are rooms still available and there is Still 17 rooms left, same as last month. did they only reserve 17 rooms?

I want my car parked where " this ADDED Security parking lot" is. and if your not a Guest at that hotel they will not let you park there.

so I am getting scared that I will have to walk down from my room/gambling to check my car ALL NIGHT LONG. if i cant get the room at that hotel ya know.

Updates please. total price " coming soon" is sortof waiting at the last minute. I like to get all of my stuff done Months ahead. so I dont get grey hairs with stress the day OF.

Please be patient. The contract with the host hotel is nearly finalized. Issues such as 24 hr additional security, free or discounted internet access, use of roof level employee parking lot usage for our aerial photo are nearly resolved. We will have at least 150 rooms for Friday and Saturday nights. Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday will be a lower count and may be adjusted upwards if EVERYONE who signs up on the "Official" thread attends and registers at The South Point. While these numbers are conservative, it is based on the experience of the NSXCA board which is obligated to pay for any unused rooms if their estimates were too ambitious. Cautious optimism if you will. This will be a kick ass event. Yellowhaze, nsx1 and I attended a meeting with Acura NA PR manager who is very much on board with helping us make this an over-the-top event. More to come as things develop.

Best Regards,

Danny

Danny,

Thanks for the post. I assume it will be posted on this thread when the contract is signed, we can begin to book rooms, and the necessary instructions as to what magic words or dances we need to do to get the "special rate"?

If so, I'll just patiently check here daily for the update and book it as soon as you guys give the green light. I'm not at all complaining here, just very excited, and very appreciative of everyone's efforts involved in organizing this.:biggrin:

Me to I didnt wanna sound Angry or anything. just excited. my only concern is getting a room at the hotel with the added security is all and the aerial photo. LOL

But the guys planning this whole thing you get tons of credit. I think I can safely say NSXPrime Members thank-you for your efforts.

Hey guys, this will be my 1st NSXPO so im not sure how they are set up. My question is regarding the availability of the event being open to the public. I have some friends and family from vegas who would love to stop by and check out all the nice cars. Is there some set dates/times for the public to come and appreciate the NSXs in attendance? Also, will there be a charge to allow them access into the parking area? Thanks in advance!

Hi

This will be my first NSXPO event too. I have not been following this thread much as I am now off welfare and pushed out into the normal work life and it takes time.:smile:

Am I supposed to do something to book hotel at this stage? I will have to look into this whole trip soon and see how I will get over there. AFAIK it will be a little bit too long to drive :biggrin:

Regards

Hi

This will be my first NSXPO event too. I have not been following this thread much as I am now off welfare and pushed out into the normal work life and it takes time.:smile:

Am I supposed to do something to book hotel at this stage? I will have to look into this whole trip soon and see how I will get over there. AFAIK it will be a little bit too long to drive :biggrin:

Regards

The hotel contract has been signed but the room block is not available to book until the "official" opening of the registration period which will be shortly. Instructions for booking at our rate in our room block will be provided at that time.

I just saw a pic on another thread with about 50 NSX's at Comptech's parking lot, everyone has seen it. anyway, and there is suppose to be 150+ NSX's at NSXPO, I wonder what that will look like? I mean the Pic at comptech with the line of Cars was freaking huge and that was only 50 in the pic. yikes. will the top of this Parking Garage Hold that many NSX's
or are we doing the aerial photo from some local Grass Feild? or are only 30 or so NSX going to be in the pic spelling hthe name N.S.X ??? just wondering

Hello, I would like to thank all that are putting on this fabulous event.

I have a question in regards to coming:

I live in Canada and will not be bringing a car down, but will be flying. The questions is I have do we need to stay at the SouthPoint Hotel or can we stay some where else on the strip? Plus if we stay on the strip how do we get into all the functions? ( are we having passes? ) I wouldn't be doing the track but would love to get to do all the other stuff so far on the agenda. Please let me know as soon as you can. Plus do I put my name onto the list? If so it would be myself and my wife and possible a few friends that might make the road trip as well.

Thanks again!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Is there a group name that we can use for online booking, or do we have to call the hotel?

You should call. I'll check w/ hotel about online booking-may need a promo code.

Danny

Is there a group name that we can use for online booking, or do we have to call the hotel?

The group name for booking is "NSX Club of America 2010 NSXPO". It works over the phone but I am not sure if it has been set up online by the hotel yet for internet bookings.

EDIT: I tried it online but it is not set up. Call the reservations department directly and mention the code: 866-791-7626 (toll free)

Last edited:
Not if anyone from South East Florida decides to drive. Eastern Canada could also qualify for furthest drive.

Right now, I'm looking @ 2686 x 2 = 5372 miles round trip if no side trips are taken. :smile:

Right now, I'm looking @ 2686 x 2 = 5372 miles round trip if no side trips are taken. :smile:

According to Microsoft Streets & Trips, from the Upper East Side of Manhattan to the heart of Vegas is 2529 miles. Basically it's I-80 to I-70 to I-15. How did you come up with almost 2700 miles from northern NJ unless you have a different start/end point. Are you a Liberal by any chance? :biggrin:

This my route.....

NSXPO2010.jpg

Last edited:
Back