• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial Spa Yellow Thread

I picked up my car yesterday, and finally they were able to match the original paint. The car looks good. The only area where there appears to be a slight color difference is between the trunk and the adjacent side panels. However, the difference may not be in color but in light reflectance due to them being on different planes. I'll post pics later.

Last edited:
Hey Mcano,

Have you driven a car with a OS Giken LSD? I wish I could have offered you a drive at NSXPO.

It adds "character" which you may or may not like. When I drove past Mexiricer when we were staging for the group drive, he ran over and said 'Hey man your car is broken!'

It makes some popping and grinding sounds mainly at walking speed, especially when it's cold first thing. So of all the mods this is the one that feels like a point of no return as far as the idea of a "race car for the street". I don't think my wife would drive it now because the noises would freak her out.

It is the Superlock 1.5 way and it was installed by SOS, who definitely warned me about the noises. Don't get me wrong I love the diff and will keep it. The traction on corner exits is amazing -- I have been told to get on the gas earlier and harder and I still haven't fully adjusted to what it can do.

Hey Mcano,

Have you driven a car with a OS Giken LSD? I wish I could have offered you a drive at NSXPO.

It adds "character" which you may or may not like. When I drove past Mexiricer when we were staging for the group drive, he ran over and said 'Hey man your car is broken!'

It makes some popping and grinding sounds mainly at walking speed, especially when it's cold first thing. So of all the mods this is the one that feels like a point of no return as far as the idea of a "race car for the street". I don't think my wife would drive it now because the noises would freak her out.

It is the Superlock 1.5 way and it was installed by SOS, who definitely warned me about the noises. Don't get me wrong I love the diff and will keep it. The traction on corner exits is amazing -- I have been told to get on the gas earlier and harder and I still haven't fully adjusted to what it can do.

PRYM8,

Thanks for the info. Yes, I know about the noise, but I did not know that it is was that loud. I also know about the handling improvements, and that it takes time to get use to the handling characteristics. Although you have me a little concerned about the noise, I'm still very much interested in the performance attributes that you and other have described. Yes, I would have loved to go with you in your car. But. you/I did not know each other at NSXPO.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on when/if they start making the LSD again.

Best,

Mario

Reviving this thread since now I'm officially a Spa Yellow owner! Taken after 24hrs on the road this past weekend.
NSX.jpg

Cool man. Congrats on owning the best color!! Where on the east coast are you from??

Nice. There are a few yellows floating around in the North East. Congrats again.

Welcome to the yellow club. From the Gamecock plate I thought you might be joining me here in SC. Tell us a little more about the car and its story. My guess is Santa would have driven a yellow sleigh had that option been available.

No spa yellow posts in 2018?!
2.jpg

Last edited:
hP5r2f6GbRRrhnCJLk3Yk3VyAUYyya4usajD-kph980KFc_3lPJBe093c7csbQlky_dJoBama0jNsSTlrZiLlVh4UM00xe_ry0KCXfYxwQh6_LVxG05TO12HVLLkUSUAuWe9NhApxGLlJ9ZRVyQwB_erh8nsxtX_GGOPnZN0cK90bKHuq5eOfiYLnu2NEal5ZkTGglMY6qgBOICDdXfRGsn0RqDHVZUEFRc4FyKggeWW9fDd1idpoo7COevlyRqVqru7woKPsAYgSuBXP2sRuvx_rwwWLWeT5D1zSE5kKbewlj1w9dUMc2J14VLpjHsBOxylc70UVXNrvV0xJYsAmOv2MeNK-m8gaNZZodildYTs0vTFB2MNGN4qMZBwX39q3GyclnCDeORLIvrX95EpbJoCaVDJgc4tLuFrritUtByt7jjRrslTDLlMBnbE5-fsF2NjJs1WBZMaIWAsnxVLxNnGt9w-LBZGBEhwpICAl5GmKrNRiVaT1FuzmfidC7_EHbn3UukaDtrmdTLviKuI6GIEXweGF2tEpqSQCu0AjRz6mETluYqODRjOU-J9pvzEqdw5nFbB3hFgaMn-JpuwSRBOaCK-hmcmwfCbmSDNR9U6ovTF5c4lwFiZwzSSYG_xQThJDcOkRHoUFOCOQZLO4Yu0dYgL_E3ib1vdPTGAEa_hWb-kBUPLV-TAyYqRcoiw1rzv_6gFcyPGGrmGSodPSM5p=w1450-h960-noc

Last edited:
Glad This Thread Was Resurrected

Here's a couple of shots of my 97 Spa Yellow. Bought it in Las Vegas and drove it 2281 miles home. Best three days of my life!IMG_4702.jpgIMG_4612.jpg

Last edited:
lookin good jerry.....

Back