• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Up for a drive this weekend?

I would have been on that run because it's where I used to live, but couldn't because of the timing.
Not sure why your so confused. If you would just take the time before coming up with the sarcasm. There are alot of reasons that some details (such as exactly where and how did they actually get nailed), would be a great benefit next time some us take a drive out there. Were they going just a little over the limit or were they hauling ass? Did they get any warning of radar or were they defenseless? If someone goes to the trouble to post up pictures, at least tell us what the heck went down.

It's all information that could help avoid the embarrassment of a group sitting on the side of the road getting laughed at with each passing car.

So in retrospect YES, seriously!

Jack

oops, i guest my message was a bit confusing...

what i meant to say:

"seriously!" as in "i would like to know the details also"
as for the ":confused:", it meant im just as confused and in the dark about the entire story

:tongue:

I'm sure most folks on this forum don't stay under the speed limit in their cars. Hell, even folks on the PriusChat forum don't stay under the speed limit.

I've been caught in the middle of too many street racing incidents to know what that is like. Last incident, some Camero was racing a Corvette weaving and dodging through fairly packed traffic on 101. These two guys were clearly trying to best each other with zero regard for the safely of the rest of us driving to our destination. 'street' + 'racing' = possible death for all around.

Spirited driving: 4 friends following each other out on two lane roads in the mountains. Did we go possibly above the speed limit as fast as some Priuses? probably. Were we out to endanger each other's lives? No. When we went down to Hwy 25 with Jack, that was such a blast. We weren't out to endanger anyone else. If I go over the cliff, too bad for me.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand the clear difference between "street racing" and "speeding in a group". It seems the phrases are self explanatory. And why the big deal to jump on this thread to cause a fuss? The best place to try and beat someone with your driving skills is at the track, as we've all seen CL65 Captain do many times. Or hit the Kart races with Roger :biggrin: We're all car enthusiasts here. We're all on the same team guys.

Last edited:
I'm sure most folks on this forum don't stay under the speed limit in their cars. Hell, even folks on the PriusChat forum don't stay under the speed limit.

I've been caught in the middle of too many street racing incidents to know what that is like. Last incident, some Camero was racing a Corvette weaving and dodging through fairly packed traffic on 101. These two guys were clearly trying to best each other with zero regard for the safely of the rest of us driving to our destination. 'street' + 'racing' = possible death for all around.

Spirited driving: 4 friends following each other out on two lane roads in the mountains. Did we go possibly above the speed limit as fast as some Priuses? probably. Were we out to endanger each other's lives? No. When we went down to Hwy 25 with Jack, that was such a blast. We weren't out to endanger anyone else. If I go over the cliff, too bad for me.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand the clear difference between "street racing" and "speeding in a group". It seems the phrases are self explanatory. And why the big deal to jump on this thread to cause a fuss? The best place to try and beat someone with your driving skills is at the track, as we've all seen CL65 Captain do many times. Or hit the Kart races with Roger :biggrin: We're all car enthusiasts here. We're all on the same team guys.

It all comes down to velocities and a sudden change in velocities with another mass (ie- car, people, bikes, etc.).

In other words I can street race when there are no other people around to hit. For example, 7am on a Sunday morning on 280 between Alpine and Sandhill. Pretty much wide open and no pedestrians, equestrians, bikes, etc.

I see a Wimpled Supercharged Silver NA1. I down shift in the GTO. I pwn the NSX and the driver in a simple drag race to 100MPH. I let off the gas, and if there are any doubts and the road is still clear, I repeat the processes.

That to me is safer than rolling xxx speed on a single lane road with sharp turns and blind turns where there might be someone on a bike around the corner, or an entire peleton. If contact is made, then tragedy most likely will ensue.

Street racing isn't always "unsafe" and spirited driving with a group isn't always "safe" or "safer".

oops, i guest my message was a bit confusing...

what i meant to say:

"seriously!" as in "i would like to know the details also"
as for the ":confused:", it meant im just as confused and in the dark about the entire story

:tongue:
Seriously it's no big deal. :smile:

One thing that's for sure on these forums.

Confusion strikes everyone! We must be just a little disturbed, to waste so much time here!:biggrin:

Jack

Last edited:
For the record. I don't have a problem with folks doing spirited drives or 'street racing'. Just keep 'safe and sane' in mind. Everything in life has risks.

It all comes down to velocities and a sudden change in velocities with another mass (ie- car, people, bikes, etc.).

In other words I can street race when there are no other people around to hit. For example, 7am on a Sunday morning on 280 between Alpine and Sandhill. Pretty much wide open and no pedestrians, equestrians, bikes, etc.

I see a Wimpled Supercharged Silver NA1. I down shift in the GTO. I pwn the NSX and the driver in a simple drag race to 100MPH. I let off the gas, and if there are any doubts and the road is still clear, I repeat the processes.

That to me is safer than rolling xxx speed on a single lane road with sharp turns and blind turns where there might be someone on a bike around the corner, or an entire peleton. If contact is made, then tragedy most likely will ensue.

Street racing isn't always "unsafe" and spirited driving with a group isn't always "safe" or "safer".

Back