• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Up for a short drive Sunday morning?

It looks like the weather will hold up on the 7th. Up for a short drive Sunday morning around Jack's favorite photo spot? ;) I believe it's on the backside of Palo Alto/La Honda. We can finish before 11AM at Woodside Bakery for some coffee and brunch. Nothing nutty, maybe just an hour on the backroads.

Time: Sunday 3/7 9:30AM
Meeting Place: Alice's Restaurant (17288 Skyline Boulevard, Woodside 94062)

-John (650-five-zero-four-0090)

Last edited:
If the weather holds up, I'll go. Post up details of where we'd meet and at what time and I'll probably join you.

J

I'd love to go on a run to my secret photo spot. However, I'm going on a pre-run to a place called New Idria on Sun. morning. It's a ghost town where mercury was once mined. It's located south of Hollister off of hwy-25 on J-1 and south of Panoche. Very remote backroads. If it looks worthy I may make it a club event run.

If your looking for that photo spot. Look for the big carousel 3 or 4 miles west on Alpine Rd at the junction of Skyline and Page Mill.
Have a good drive!

Jack

Update

Looks like my run won't happen, ever! Seems the Bureau Of Land Management has closed the road a couple of miles from the town Of New Idria calling it a hazardous area. (translates into no money to maintain it) More California history never to be seen again by the general public! That sucks!

But that makes me available for that little NSX run Sunday if anybody is going!

Jack

Last edited:
I think I can make it. I may even drag myself out of bed early and wash my NSX, which is covered with water spots and road dust.

Oh oh, we're gaining momentum!

Last edited:
<--------- Secret spot.:smile:

Where is the meeting spot, address and time huh? Like how far is it from Great America? I'm half way between Sacramento....

I love the drive to alice's so Ima have to try to meet up with you guys. I know I don't get to go out on drives much so it be nice to get out if I can make it. Any one heading up 9 to get there?

Darn I want to go on this but I will actually be at HMB High playing basketball at 8:30. Maybe I can meet uo with you guys when the drive is over.

Anyway I will enjoy my own little drive from Tracy to HMB and up the 92? :biggrin:

Can I get the address to the Woodside Bakery of thats where your ending your run?

Last edited:
Don't forget FRS handheld radios if you have them.

Jack

Come one, come all! I'm so excited about getting to drive the car finally.

The Woodside Bakery & Cafe is at 3052 Woodside Road, Woodside, CA. We'll probably be there about 11AM, but call me if you don't see us.

I figure we'll leave Alice's about 9:35-9:40, and head out South on 35 to to Alpine road and then on to Jack's secret spot :) I drove the route today in my daily driver and it did take over an hour. I wouldn't worry about washing the car as there are a few wet spots on the road that would kinda undo the washing :rolleyes:

I drove the route today before 10AM and there were some cyclists way out back on Alpine, so we'll have to take it easy and enjoy the scenery.

Look forward to seeing you folks in the morning.

It's coming on 7:00 AM. Looks kinda gloomy out there, can any body see if there is fog up on Skyline. If so I'll have to pass. So don't wait for me, thanks for setting it up though.:frown:

I'm in Fremont and it doesn't look promising here, either. I'm going to go ahead and get ready and re-evaluate at about 8:20 and then post here whether I'm going or not.

J

I'm in Fremont and it doesn't look promising here, either. I'm going to go ahead and get ready and re-evaluate at about 8:20 and then post here whether I'm going or not.

J

Thanks James, they said on the weather that it may burn off by the mid afternoon. I lived on Skyline for many years and it can be some what brutal up there at times!

Bright and sunny out here in Tracy. Anyway if you guys do go dont wait up for me cause I probably wont make it.

Bball games probably wont end till 12.

Well, it's still overcast here in Fremont but I'm going to head out since it *is* bright out, just cloudy. I'll leave in about 10 minutes. Jack, you going?

J

Well, it's still overcast here in Fremont but I'm going to head out since it *is* bright out, just cloudy. I'll leave in about 10 minutes. Jack, you going?

J

James sometimes it can be pretty spectacular in these conditions. You'll never know unless you go. I'm to far behind to make it down there now. Have fun guys!

Jack

Wheather report from Alices: partly cloudy, blue skies behind the clouds. Proba ly about 55 deg or so. Lots of bicyclists though so it'll be slow driving. Still, glad I made it out!

Nice drive today guys. And thanks to John for the initiative.

Also, a good lead on the goat petting farm. I got a couple phone numbers...

...for Doug. :wink:

Back