• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Usa to europe shipping/sale???

Has any one shipped from the USA to EUROPE? How does it work? The buyer wants to use;
www.transpact.com
www.escrow.com

for the transaction any one know of or used them? thanks JD

I'm in the UK and bought from forum members, SoS, Dali (yes in the past with the usual struggles), US delears etc. Never had any issue but I've paid by paypal and had shipping done by USPS.

I'm not sure is escrow is potentially like one of those dodgy western union sort of scenarios. Best wait on some US side advice before parting with your parts.....

I'd ask for wire transfer first then ship the car.

Or find yourself a shipping company that's willing to take payment from the buyer now and will release it to you when you drop the car off. That's what I arranged with the buyer in Hong Kong with my Imola. He transferred the money to the shipping company, I delivered the car to the shipping company and payment was made on delivery of the car (cheque or bank transfer).

Otherwise find a buyer in the U.S.

I am from UK and would never use ESCROW for anything LET ALONE buy a car :eek:

For shipping the whole car i would be asking serious questions first, looking a sizable deposit before booking a transport service and then arranging a transaction with the buyers bank account to transfer monies.

I think you need to be sure this guy is DEADLY SERIOUS as he will have IMPORT DUTIES, VAT (or equivalent taxes) charges and also getting the car approved for use in Europe. the buyer may have changes to do to the car like fog lights, rear lights conversions etc to comply with their own countries legislation. If its going to the UK they have a bit of work to do and the additional charges would be horrendous in my opinion

BE WARY

regards

Last edited:
I am a Transpact.com employee.

I can confirm that you would be safe in using Transpact.com. We are a UK company registered with UK Government agencies HMRC and the FSA.

I can also confirm that the car sale you mention is almost certainly a scam. We have not been approached to protect this transaction, but if we were we would almost certainly find that the transaction was an attempt to defraud you, and the transaction would be a waste of your time and ours.

Many of these scams either

i) At the last minute try and get you to pay by a method other than Transpact.com (asking you to switch to Western Union or similar),
or
ii) Create a fraudulent look-alike website to try and trick you into believing that you are using the genuine article when you are not ! Transpact.com protects against such fraud by asking you to check that your web-browser bar is green and contains our domain name - an extra security step that protects you.

It is not true that you should never use an escrow service, but you should ONLY EVER use an escrow service which is Government registered and which you can verify is Government registered on a Government website (both the HMRC and the FSA have online registers that list and confirm Transpact.com as a genuine registered company covered by UK regulations).

Last edited:
THANKS! For all the good input.

This is directed to TRUSTED FRIEND;

Or find yourself a shipping company that's willing to take payment from the buyer now and will release it to you when you drop the car off. That's what I arranged with the buyer in Hong Kong with my Imola. He transferred the money to the shipping company, I delivered the car to the shipping company and payment was made on delivery of the car (cheque or bank transfer).

Can your company provide this type of service? I wonder how you came to PRIME to respond to my quarry, you just registered.

JD

Can your company provide this type of service? I wonder how you came to PRIME to respond to my query, you just registered.

JD

1) We were alerted to this forum and thread thanks to the magical power of 'Google Alerts', which sends alerts of new mentions on the web of our company name as they are recognised on the Google search engine.

2) Yes we can provide this type of service, to hold money whilst goods such as a car are shipped or services provided. Depending on the currency involved, and the location of the participants, we may well be the best solution.

3) There are new fake shipping companies set up daily, which take part in scams to try and entrap people into handing over their vehicles or handing over their money to fraudsters. In my experience over 90% of such actions are fraudulent, although, as you have demonstrated with the sale of your Imola, a minority of such real transactions do exist. But I would advise anyone who is undertaking something similar to EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION, and check and double check and triple check that all companies they are dealing with are legitimate. It takes maybe £1,000 or $1,500 or much less to set up a company with an address and website and phone service, and just a couple of minutes to disappear with a £10,000/$15,000 vehicle or cash sum.

do you guys see how BIG BROTHER watches you. its makes me sick.
Google alerts. MY ASS. you might have a virus while opening one of these peoples e-mail, which is sending them info on what you type?? or

maybe a keylogger, any keystroke or backspace you type will send them everything.

scan you PC or F-DISK and start new.

so if i type www.transpact.com is a Good company and not a scammer

and also if I type www.escrow.com is a good company and not a scammer

they are gonna reply to this thread. wow.

so what if I had a Private Opinion about these 2 companies would they see what I typed. is not right.

Last edited:
Let me elaborate on the circumstances of the Imola NSX I sold.

Deal was made over the phone and $2000 deposit sent by wire transfer. I arranged a shipping company on my own that would collect payment from the buyer and release the funds to me when I delivered the car.

Do not allow the buyer to set this up because that's where you get screwed by handing over a car to a company that doesn't have your best interests in mind.

Otherwise buyer should pay in full first then you ship. My $0.02.

Good luck!

Jetpilot3 <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1370893", true); </script>
NSXPrime.com Patron
Moderator: Off Topic ; Would you pm me on the shipping company you used or others you checked out. thanks JD

Hi

I will use Jetcarrier to get my new daily beater from the US to Norway. But Jetcarrier only serves Scandinavia.

When it comes to transferring money and all that I can not help as I am paying a dealer (yeah you know who you are :biggrin: ) where I transfer all the money first then wait for 5-6 weeks before I get the car to me.

Regards

Thanks to all on your inputs. MOST SAY "CAREFUL". The buyer seems to be willing to do anything I request, he has even sent me a copy of his passport. I have contacted several shippers and none have been able to provide shipping and money transfer as above in jet pilots case any help here?

thanks JD

Hi

I can only talk about my limited "knowledge" about this.

The Kid has a car I want. What I will do as fast as I get what I need is this: Transfer money to his/Brdigewater Acura's account.

What I need is ABA/Routing (a number of some kind), the account number and the name of the bank and I will be able to transfer the amount for the car.

When Bridgewater has gotten the money they will send a copy of the bill of sale and the orginal title to Jetcarrier in the US. I have booked a transport with them. When Jetcarrier get the papers they will contact Bridgwater and arrange where and when they will deliver the car for transport to me.

And then I will get the car eventually. It is of course easier to trust a dealer as I do than to trust a private person like you.

I'm sure that there is a firm that does transport from the US to the land of the buyer. So what I would suggest is that he finds that firm. Book a transport with them. And I'm quite sure that they need the copy of the bill of sale and the orginal title to get the NSX from the US to his country.

You talk to your bank and get ABA/routing, account number and bank name and send him. You also send him a signed contract "certified"/stamped or something in the bank that when money is on your account you will send documents to the shipper and get the car on it's way.

There is a trust thing here of course. But then again how else can you do it?

I remember back in 2003 when I bought my NSX in Switzerland this happend
I had been on the phone with my bank. They had transferred money to the Swiss bank. I was in downtown Zurich with Gheba_nsx's scooter and was lost.

So all I had for over 30.000Euro was a scooter and a lot of confusion in downtown Zurich. But it turned out well.:biggrin:

Regards

I've sent you a mail JD however the shipping company I used was a Middle East Shipping Company here local to me in Dubai.

Keep searching and see if one of the companies will do it if you persuade them to. Its really no skin off their chests...

Cam

If this is a genuine car sale, then you may well wish to use Transpact.com for the safe transfer of the money during your transaction.
Sorry that we can't help with the shipping (although you can protect yourself financially during the shipping process by stipulating appropriate terms to fully protect yourself, as part of the Transpact process).

As an aside, Transpact.com has recently been recommended by www.collectioncar.com to safeguard the financial side of car-related transactions.

What I need is ABA/Routing (a number of some kind), the account number and the name of the bank and I will be able to transfer the amount for the car.
The ABA/Routing number is a nine-digit number assigned by the American Bankers Association (ABA) used to identify the specific bank or financial institution.

TO ALL, THANKS for the input. I just can not see the need for the middle man, the escrow company, in this transaction. The buyer gets a $5000.00 'lookie see' of the car if it does not suit him he pays freight both ways, in this case K.C. Mo. to BELGIUM. on a $50k car. I suggested he come here to 'lookie see', or send a appraiser. He is a busy guy? My car does not need 7000 mile of shipping ware. So here is where we are, he sends any form of payment and 2 weeks later he can have the car picked up, if my bank say so.

With the dollar value in to days world more of you will be faced with this situation every thing here is on half price sale and it seems it is going to get worse. JD

Back