• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

VA / DC / NC -- Best Acura Dealer for service???

I'm in Richmond, and I need to get my timing belt changed soon.
Whos the best dealer around the VA/DC/NC area?

I assumed Radley Acura in NOVA was good since they're big, but someone told me otherwise?

And stay away from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly. Scott Crabtree is a knob gobbling prick with his head so far up his ass that...ahhh, so irritated that I can't finish the sentence.

thats what i thought too... number 1 and like number 3 i think... and Ill give it to radley on sales. it was fair deal, no hassle. Postanka has sucked all around for me personally.

Radley service dept lacks a lot. Dan the dept head opened my door into the car next to me after i told him its to close Ill pull it out first. If you value your car... don't take it to either stealership for service. take it to someone who understands the level of quality you are expecting.

The GM at Pohanka has always been good to the NSX community, hosting NSX meets multiple times but I am not sure how much involvement he has when it comes to service. I had gotten my WP/TB + 60k service done at pohanka and header install, and everything worked great, but that was 3 years ago and it's very possible the service representitives/mechanics have changed since.

I have spoken to some people in the past who had gotten CTSC and other things done at Radley with good results but my personal experience wasn't great with them.

JonD, people have said good things about Car Doctors and also Tischer Acura in MD. brandonson from this board works for Tischer I blieve. You should do a search in the southeast forum and there should be good bit of feedback.

Man, good feedback! I'm glad I asked!

Anyone ever deal with "Wallace Automotive Inc" in Richmond? I've heard good things about them, but I've only known people with normal hondas who've used them.

ak said:
The GM at Pohanka has always been good to the NSX community, hosting NSX meets multiple times but I am not sure how much involvement he has when it comes to service. I had gotten my WP/TB + 60k service done at pohanka and header install, and everything worked great, but that was 3 years ago and it's very possible the service representitives/mechanics have changed since.

I have spoken to some people in the past who had gotten CTSC and other things done at Radley with good results but my personal experience wasn't great with them.

JonD, people have said good things about Car Doctors and also Tischer Acura in MD. brandonson from this board works for Tischer I blieve. You should do a search in the southeast forum and there should be good bit of feedback.

I used to work for them, I resigned last August. I am having Tischer install my RPS clutch and flywheel this week. I am preparing my car for the FI plunge :biggrin:

Tischer did my CTSC and its been performing flawlessly...

Id bring it there, and Im the sales manager of an Acura dealership:wink:

It's also worth noting that many things do not require a lot of NSX experience. Services like fluid changes, brake work, tire replacements, etc can be done by any competent mechanic, including independent mechanics as well as dealers (Acura or non-Acura). So if you live 100+ miles from an NSX experienced mechanic you can trust, you might want to consider using someone local to you for the more routine tasks, and then drive the longer distance for things like timing belt changes, clutch replacements, problem troubleshooting, and other complicated services.

nsxtasy said:
you might want to consider using someone local to you for the more routine tasks, and then drive the longer distance for things like timing belt changes, clutch replacements, problem troubleshooting, and other complicated services.

Good point.
I think I'm going to exactally that. Be selective in things like you mentioned, but I'll let my local acura dealer change the oil and tires.

Anyone heard anything good/bad about Performance Acura in Chapel Hill?

Ken- I moved to Chapel Hill a few months ago. Perhaps I should change my moniker to NCNSX??? :wink:

I have a "clicking" sound from my driver's side rear brake/wheel that started after 2 track days at VIR last weekend. The rotor and pads look okay but I haven't taken the wheel off yet. Any ideas?

DCNSX said:
Ken- I moved to Chapel Hill a few months ago. Perhaps I should change my moniker to NCNSX??? :wink:

I have a "clicking" sound from my driver's side rear brake/wheel that started after 2 track days at VIR last weekend. The rotor and pads look okay but I haven't taken the wheel off yet. Any ideas?

CV joint/boot?

ak- do you road-trip for repairs?!?!? I'll call you this weekend to see how I can check the CV joint/boot- I'm clueless.

From a cost-to-fix standpoint, I hope Ken is correct!! :biggrin:

I believe the rear pads are OEM- I have Axxis up front. ak- we didn't change the rear pads, did we?? :confused: This early-onset Alzheimer's is a bi+ch.

DCNSX said:

SO you cant drag you but back to Maryland, Howard??:wink:

Now my left rear is squealing like a stuck pig. Actually it's more of a grinding/friction sound- not too high pitched, and it seems worse at slow speeds than high ones. The disc wasn't too hot after an easy drive to work (and the other side was the same temp according to my highly-calibrated index fingertip thermometer. It read only 2 out of 10 on the "ouch" scale :smile: ) So, I'll baby it on the way home and take off the wheel to see what's up. Any particular things I should look for? The rotor/disc doesn't seem to be cracked but I've given it only a cursory inspection, and a crack would give a different, more intermittent noise anyway. The brakes are very mushy, BTW.

Mike- you don't make house-calls to N. Carolina???

DCNSX said:
Now my left rear is squealing like a stuck pig. Actually it's more of a grinding/friction sound- not too high pitched, and it seems worse at slow speeds than high ones. The disc wasn't too hot after an easy drive to work (and the other side was the same temp according to my highly-calibrated index fingertip thermometer. It read only 2 out of 10 on the "ouch" scale :smile: ) So, I'll baby it on the way home and take off the wheel to see what's up. Any particular things I should look for? The rotor/disc doesn't seem to be cracked but I've given it only a cursory inspection, and a crack would give a different, more intermittent noise anyway. The brakes are very mushy, BTW.

Mike- you don't make house-calls to N. Carolina???
Sorry a little far, but we will be close at VIR regularly so if you need anything major we can trailer it back.

Take the wheel off, check the caliper mounts, pads etc, if everything looks feels ok, try bleeding that caliper, or all if you have the time.
Jack up the back end, parking brake off and out of gear and see how much drag is present.
Take the pads out, mast cyl cap off and turn in the piston and reset it

thanks, Mike- I plan on being at VIR w/ mazdadrivers in June. (and possibly spectating at the GrandAm race on 4/21) you're welcome to visit/stay with us in Chapel Hill- it's about 1 hr. 2o min from VIR.

I'll do as you suggested on the left rear and let you know what I find out. I still have your cell # !!!! Have a great weekend.

DCNSX said:
thanks, Mike- I plan on being at VIR w/ mazdadrivers in June. (and possibly spectating at the GrandAm race on 4/21) you're welcome to visit/stay with us in Chapel Hill- it's about 1 hr. 2o min from VIR.

I'll do as you suggested on the left rear and let you know what I find out. I still have your cell # !!!! Have a great weekend.

Call me if you need.

We are racing in the Grand AM Cup Race at VIR If you are interested in some free food/ticket and working a lot let me know we could use some good people.

Back