• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valentine 1 Group Buy? .... Almost

I was considering purchasing a V1. I figured there must be more of you who would also want one. So I took the liberty to contact Valentine and inquired about a possible "NSX Prime group buy". Well ... I tried and below is the reply I got back from them; :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dear Sir:

Many thanks for your email. We appreciate your kind words on our V1. However, we do not have any discounts or group buys. We do get units back within the 30-day trial period. We resell these “R”

units for $359 plus shipping----a $40 savings over new units. These “R” V1’s are full-warranted and come with all new accessories. There are no dings or scratches on them.

If you are interested, please call 800-331-3030 for more information on them.

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
Sales Department

So much for good intent :biggrin: If you are interested anyhow, be my guest.

icefire said:
I was considering purchasing a V1. I figured there must be more of you who would also want one. So I took the liberty to contact Valentine and inquired about a possible "NSX Prime group buy". Well ... I tried and below is the reply I got back from them; :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dear Sir:

Many thanks for your email. We appreciate your kind words on our V1. However, we do not have any discounts or group buys. We do get units back within the 30-day trial period. We resell these “R”

units for $359 plus shipping----a $40 savings over new units. These “R” V1’s are full-warranted and come with all new accessories. There are no dings or scratches on them.

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
Sales Department

whats 'R' unit? refurb?

topman2005 said:
whats 'R' unit? refurb?
It's the Valentine 1 Type R. It goes faster. :D

Just kidding. Actually, it sounds like they're not refurbished, sounds like they're used but in like-new condition.

topman2005 said:
whats 'R' unit? refurb?

yes dude! Did you think it was a special lightweight longer range version? :smile:

icefire said:

Dear Sir:

Cordially,

Pete Kaufman
Sales Department

Why are V1's being returned? are the customer not not satisfied with the product? or returned as deffective?

Probably people thinking the V1 makes them invisible to radar...and then getting upset when they get a ticket...and then needing the money back to pay for the ticket :D

V1 blitzzz...

amgnsx said:
Why are V1's being returned? are the customer not not satisfied with the product? or returned as deffective?

That's a good question, indeed.

Maybe people needed the best protection available for a single road-trip, and simply returned the V1 after a ticketless journey!

Or maybe they felt they didn't want to be driving in a manner on a consistent basis that would justify the use of a radar detector. Atleast that was the case w/ my father. Twice, he returned/sold his radar detectors as he said he was becoming to accustomed to speeding.

The last scenario is one I hope is not true: individuals w/ previous versions of the V1 (hardware/software) swapped out some circuitry to get the latest coverage or duplicated the model SN#!

Oh wellz... for $40-difference, go for the new one and get the peace-of-mind of Mike Valentine's word & fresh-new V1 smell... :tongue:

Most of the major manufacturers offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.

I'm sure there are lots of reasons why people return them. A lot of people probably do so just to get free use of a radar detector for a month.

I doubt that many of them are defective.

I would guess that many people send in their V1's for the upgrades. Perhaps V1 sends out a different unit than the one sent in, then upgrade the old ones?

robr said:
I would guess that many people send in their V1's for the upgrades. Perhaps V1 sends out a different unit than the one sent in, then upgrade the old ones?

Yes, when you upgrade, they just send you a brand new box with all new accy's.

I think one of the upgrades included a housing change as well (smaller). So if they just sent out the old units, then you wouldn't have the latest version - unless they upgraded it as part of the refurb process, as you suggest.

-Josh

Back