• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

value/price of '91 red/black with 51k miles?

Hi all,
So I've been hunting for an NSX. Funny thing is I'm talking to a friend of mine and it turns out his cousin has an NSX for sale.

What I do know about the car is:
-red/black
-51k miles
-pictures look very clean
-no accidents/repaints

Relatively stock:
-koni shocks
-eibach springs
-dc sports headers (how does this compare to Comptech, and xyz?)
-Remus exhuast
-momo steering wheel

What do you guys think a car like this is worth?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Get a PPI done. If the maintenance is up to date, I'd start my offer at 27 and try to seal the deal at or below 30k. If not, I'd subtract for required maintenance.

Get a PPI done. If the maintenance is up to date, I'd start my offer at 27 and try to seal the deal at or below 30k. If not, I'd subtract for required maintenance.

This is good advice. Need to find out maintenance history as well. The DC headers are prone to crack at the flex joint, although their performance gains should be in line with comptech...little less than Cantrell, Taitec, SOS.

Assume around $1500 for TB/WP, other belts, valve adjustment, you may need to call around to get prices depending on where you live. If it's not up to date which may be the case might be another bargaining point.

+1 also look at the tire condition since it sounds like it is lowered. Especially the inside tread of the rears.

Needs more information. Scheduled maintenance is important, as already noted. Is the car in snap ring range? How many miles are on the clutch? Have the window fix-it thingies been installed? Have the electronics in the sound system and climate control been refurbished? What is the condition of the exterior paint, the interior leather, etc?

It could be worth anywhere from $22K to $32K, depending on the answers to these questions.

Hey guys, that's for the thoughts.

I think I'm going to pass on this one. Since it's a good friend's cousin, I don't want to haggle on the car. The seller has thrown out a price of $33k to me and I don't want to say "because of xyz, etc etc it should only be $abc price."

Other things I did find out is that he's the 3rd owner. Both the 1st and 2nd owner were friends of his so he knew all the owners. The biggie is that the waterpump/t-belt hasn't been changed. Figure that's a 1.5k-2k service.

Essentially, at $33k, plus just the waterpump/tbelt services we're looking at a $35k car. Plus who knows what else may be found in a PPI.

If anyone is interested, I'll see if it's okay to pass the seller's contact information along!

Hey guys, that's for the thoughts.

I think I'm going to pass on this one. Since it's a good friend's cousin, I don't want to haggle on the car. The seller has thrown out a price of $33k to me and I don't want to say "because of xyz, etc etc it should only be $abc price."

Other things I did find out is that he's the 3rd owner. Both the 1st and 2nd owner were friends of his so he knew all the owners. The biggie is that the waterpump/t-belt hasn't been changed. Figure that's a 1.5k-2k service.

Essentially, at $33k, plus just the waterpump/tbelt services we're looking at a $35k car. Plus who knows what else may be found in a PPI.

If anyone is interested, I'll see if it's okay to pass the seller's contact information along!

If you really like this car just offer him what you're willing to pay as it is, don't explain yourself. Maybe he will go for it or not, but at least you went to the point without getting into a debate.

If you really like this car just offer him what you're willing to pay as it is, don't explain yourself. Maybe he will go for it or not, but at least you went to the point without getting into a debate.

Agreed, just say "Here's my budget, and this is what I want done to the car. Let me know what you think." He can say no, but he might surprise you and say yes. If you don't even try, then that's a guaranteed no.

I've let cars go far under actual value to friends and family just so I have the peace of mind it went to a good home. It doesn't hurt to throw on offer out there.

Back