• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[Vancouver] Ready to buy! Any leads?

Hi Prime community.. after a considerable wait, I am ready (cash in hand) to buy my first NSX.

I'm looking all over the US, but would prefer a canadian car if possible.

Only requirements are: 92-01, White/Black interior.

Coupe/Targa doesnt matter
prefer < 160K kms

I'm flexible on the price, and it will obviously be dependent on maintenance history, recent work done, kms, etc.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I believe there were a total of 186 Canadian NSX's made for 92-94 but no idea of the colours sold for that period.
In the US about 15 % of the 92-94 sales were White/black.(Total of 319)
If you assume the same % for Canadian cars there might be 25-30 Canadian White/black.

I think there is another Prime member also looking for a GPW:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/163544-GPW-coupe-wanted-ready-to-buy

Jim

Last edited:
Looking southside is the way to go. There are hardly any availability in GVRD. Also, most of the NSXs here are imported anyways so wouldn't make a huge difference. There is only around 2 White with Black interior that i know of here and one of them is for sure 95'+ (Targa). Good Luck and update us on the progress!!

We are all passionate about the NSX, but be sure to take your time & be methodical/analytical. NSXPrime is a great resource- there are many threads on how to shop, what to check/inspect, history on specific vehicles, and even how to import from the US if you need to. You've been luriking a while, and taking a look at your previous posts you seem pretty level headed, so you probably know all this already!

Good luck finding a highly sought colour combo. If you ever decide to diversify in colour choice and geography there is at least one car for sale in YYC that may be worth a look.

Take care,
Fuji

EDIT: ...and change your avatar- that M badge belongs on another forum!

Last edited:
I would agree with the above - get one from the US. Youll find a much better selection of cars and better pricing.

StIck with the avatar. BMWs are very fine German automobiles.

US is your best option, I think you should focus on condition over colour. If you get the colour you want I always see it as a bonus.

The nicest 92 GPW I know of is in Toronto, All original 30k km's but not for sale. If the owner changes their mind I will let you guys know

Last edited:
All, thanks for the advice and friendly welcome. I will definitely look harder in the US, as it's becoming more clear that Canadian GPWs are unbelievably rare.

I currently have the luxury of time, and do not intend to rush into a purchase.. but I appreciate the warnings about choosing condition over colour.

As for my avatar, I may change it when I have an NSX.. until then, it'll have to be M-Power ;)

+1 on choosing quality and condition over color and price (I regret a little for jumping on a deal too quickly and not researching enough. But after some love and $$$ everything is alright xD). The NSX looks spectacular in most colors (personally don't really feel the brookland green and silver...), so i am pretty sure you will still be happy with whatever color you end up with. Good Luck!!!

I'm thinking that he is a Trool, why would you have a BMW - M Power as your avatar when you are looking for an NSX on this forum.

Good luck
Bram, I'm not trolling.. but please understand that many of the e39 guys love their M5s just as much as you (we) love the NSX. From what I've seen, M5Board and Prime are some of the best communities out there for enthusiasts :)

But out of respect for this forum, I'm happy to update my avatar!

Love your avatar now....There are a couple of White NSX in Ontario that are for sale, I'll PM the Owners and see if their NSX's are still for sale, and point them to your thread.

Bram

Back