• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vegas - need muffler shop referral.

I need to install a new cat on my SUV. where is a good place to go? Are they pretty strict on installing converters in Vegas?

In Vegas? What kind of SUV? Are you just looking to replace OEM with OEM? Too open a question to answer.

If you go to a dealer, yes they will be more strict in terms of what they are installing, but if you go to non-factory shop, then they'll install what ever the heck you want them to install. They don't care what you install, so if you wanted cat-less test pipes, they do that too.

In Vegas? What kind of SUV? Are you just looking to replace OEM with OEM? Too open a question to answer.

If you go to a dealer, yes they will be more strict in terms of what they are installing, but if you go to non-factory shop, then they'll install what ever the heck you want them to install. They don't care what you install, so if you wanted cat-less test pipes, they do that too.

installing a Magnaflow cat.. on my ML55. I have ceramic core cat that got burnt out.. I got metallic cores to replace it. No not going to dealer for exhaust work. That is just madness.

I prob only have a few hours to kill in vegas to do the job. Shops in LA area are all too scare to do any cat work. freakin california clean air laws. they make you buy $400 aftermarket cats.

Last edited:
Back