• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

vendor ads required

I know a number of forums operate that way these days. I hope I don't need to go that route. So far I haven't really had the kinds of problems that have pushed some larger forums to institute such a policy.

I agree with your philosophy Lud. I don't like boards chock full of advertising. We humans are constantly bombarded with advertisements enough as it is. :)

Ncturnal said:
I agree with your philosophy Lud. I don't like boards chock full of advertising. We humans are constantly bombarded with advertisements enough as it is. :)

I too agree with this.
I also feel strongly that people that are registered members on here and benefit from this site should feel compelled to donate a few $$ to help out the cause.
JMHO

i, too, like the clean (mostly) non-ad format of prime and would bet that most vendors are also financial contributors to prime, too. i think it would be fine for prime to have a paid, tiered, membership but suspect that, depending on tier priveleges, viewing/membership may drop and negatively offset current google ad revenue to lud. i believe revenue to lud is a **good** thing as it provides incentive to maintain prime.

Back