• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Very very sad day for my NSX!!

!!

Remember to have him use NSXPrime and recent sale prices to evaluate the value. KBB and Edmunds can seel you short of value.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry,

I did mention nsxprime to him and told him that a 1997 NSX-T in excellent condition with 24,000 miles was worth about $43,000-45,000 from what I've seen on prime. I also put $3,000 into the timing belt/water pump, belts, hoses, etc... 2 years ago. Thanks for the input. I'm open to all suggestions as I do not want to get screwed by the insurance company.

I just went thru this with my TL. Insurance Companies dont care about you or your NSX. They want to make money and limit the amount to pay out for a repair. It is just numbers. Be careful where you get you car fixed. Nsx repair experience is a huge plus. Aluminum welding is an ART. It has "memory" and doesn't act like steel. Talk to Ferrari mechanics...very difficult. I would rather have the car totalled and then buy another. You could also probably buy the car back and then sell it to a junkyard and make some money off of it. Other prime members have done it. Good luck and just my two cents.

How is the progress? I am sentimental with my cars, so I would fix them no matter what, especially after owning it for 9 years and knowing how it was maintained and driven. I have done this before and paid out on top of the insurance settlement to keep one of my babies on the road after an unfortunate incident (luckily it was not my NSX).

I hope you buy back the carcas,the engine and other bits will be more valuable as time goes on.

Last edited:
Dan, nice replacement, glad you got into another NSX

glad to hear you are ok
wondering if you can share your thoughts on the damages you sustained and the amount of intrusion in your car...was curious as to how NSX's held up in an accident

glad to hear you are ok
wondering if you can share your thoughts on the damages you sustained and the amount of intrusion in your car...was curious as to how NSX's held up in an accident

I'm okay. Here are some pics of the car. The right rear end absorbed the impact well, so well that the insurance company punted on fixing it.

2z5jio4.jpg

214w6rm.jpg

14n2vk6.jpg

:frown: - Sorry bro. That looks painful. I hope you and your NSX are feeling better. PM me if you continue to have neck pain or headaches.

Ritesh

Always think positive....Your alive, in good shape and the car kept you that way as the car loves you and much as you love it......9 years is a great relationship with your car....Take it to the dealer as when someone backed into my door the local Acura dealer fixed it with brand new parts as the insurance will try to put used parts on it....DO NOT LET THEM...you will most likely have to argue with them.....Acura did this for me......good luck...

Back