• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video: FXMD NSX reigns as The Fastest Time Attack car in the US.

Thats a pretty awsome achievement...I'd be quite proud being able to be the fastest of the fast..kudos to the pilot as well....did you guys test/develope/tune the aero on track or did you have some wind tunnel or computer modeling?

Congrats on another fantastic effort. Awesome. Thanks for the vid. What changes did you guys make to the springs?

I am in awe (1. noun: a feeling of amazement and respect mixed with fear that is often coupled with a feeling of personal insignificance or powerlessness) with what you guys continue to achieve with the NSX!!!

Congratulations!

Ken this undertaking must be very expensive, do the sponsors pay enough to cover all of this? Who pays for all this cost?

Awesome video. It's great to see the behind the scenes action and how time crunched race teams get. Congrats on the successful defense and moving video.

Thats a pretty awsome achievement...I'd be quite proud being able to be the fastest of the fast..kudos to the pilot as well....did you guys test/develope/tune the aero on track or did you have some wind tunnel or computer modeling?

We previously used CFD on the old body that was on the car. We removed that body in favor of the new one due to weight and less aero load on the car. We tested the new body at the track with some traditional methods coupled with driver feedback and lots and lots of data logging.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on another fantastic effort. Awesome. Thanks for the vid. What changes did you guys make to the springs?

We tried to get the car as compliant as possible without hitting the bumps, started off soft and worked our way up. We also did some sway bar changes, ride height changes, corner weights, camber, toe, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

I am in awe (1. noun: a feeling of amazement and respect mixed with fear that is often coupled with a feeling of personal insignificance or powerlessness) with what you guys continue to achieve with the NSX!!!

Congratulations!

Thanks for the props! Its good to hear from those that actually track their NSX as well! This car is towards its twilight however...

- - - Updated - - -

Ken this undertaking must be very expensive, do the sponsors pay enough to cover all of this? Who pays for all this cost?

It is ridiculously expensive if you want to do it right, we have learned way too many hard lessons trying to do it the easy way or entrusting the car to those that were not on par with our expectations. We had a steep learning curve over the years but have always advanced in development year over year. We are fortunate to have sponsors that supply us with parts when we require them, we used to have a primary sponsor that would take care all of our racing expenses which was great:) As mentioned before this car is in its twilight but I still love the NSX when its properly modified. I still have 5 of them. It is going to be tough saying goodbye to this platform...

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome video. It's great to see the behind the scenes action and how time crunched race teams get. Congrats on the successful defense and moving video.

The video could only show so much as they did want to drag it out too long. There may be a directors cut with all of the interviews and the mad scramble that occurred when we got back to the track on race day. It literally came down to seconds both in the garage and on the track. I was never more proud of the team as they all accomplished theirs task with competency and efficiency. Building and shaping the team has been just as important as developing the car itself.

Congrats, awesome video and once again great team work.Are you guy's planing on retiring the NSX and starting a new project?

How long after you sunset this platform will your products and services for it be available to your customers?

AMAZING job......:biggrin:

We tried to get the car as compliant as possible without hitting the bumps, started off soft and worked our way up. We also did some sway bar changes, ride height changes, corner weights, camber, toe, etc...

Would you care to share this info either on here or by PM'ing me? I have the same dampers and springs you guys are using.

I am currently running 1000/600 pound..... 18/11KG. But this is a street car that sees the track only occasionally. So I am wondering what you changed to because I believe those are the rates you were running. What did you change the sway bars to? Your last setup I thought was KW Competitions on 1000/600 and you were using Dali trophy sway bars front and rear, right? I understand your car is very different than my street car but I am always curious especially about your car.

Also, when you state the car is in its twilight, can you elaborate as to what you mean? What are you looking towards now and what are the limitations you're feeling with this platform?

Yay! Makes me feel kind of good that Fes, Bosko and John are the same guys that built and work on my car. Now if only I could drive as good as Billy.... and have a much money as Ken.... :smile:

Ummm... and hey why isn't my mug prominently displayed as the OFFICAL FXMD beer sponsor? Last I checked, I was the last and only sponsor to supply a fridge entirely full of beer. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Awesome video guys. Makes me proud to own an NSX after seeing that such a solid dedicated team has chosen the X as their competition platform. Congrats on the time attack! :thumbup:

Congrats, awesome video and once again great team work.Are you guy's planing on retiring the NSX and starting a new project?

Yes, we will be retiring the car next year if not sooner. We do have a new platform with more ambitious goals as well, it will be a major undertaking but we are all very excited.

- - - Updated - - -

How long after you sunset this platform will your products and services for it be available to your customers?

I dont really have an answer at this moment. We do not service the public as we are a private race team. That being said, Bosko and Fes do offer their services. They do all the mechanical work on the race car so its pretty much the same. We will have a boat load of parts, cars, etc when we decide to move on. I will probably just build one last NSX for myself to enjoy and then sell the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you care to share this info either on here or by PM'ing me? I have the same dampers and springs you guys are using.

I am currently running 1000/600 pound..... 18/11KG. But this is a street car that sees the track only occasionally. So I am wondering what you changed to because I believe those are the rates you were running. What did you change the sway bars to? Your last setup I thought was KW Competitions on 1000/600 and you were using Dali trophy sway bars front and rear, right? I understand your car is very different than my street car but I am always curious especially about your car.

Also, when you state the car is in its twilight, can you elaborate as to what you mean? What are you looking towards now and what are the limitations you're feeling with this platform?

I dont have our log book with me right now but I will take a look when I get a chance. Billy may remember off the top of his head as he sets up our car as well. We currently run an RTR style front sway bar and comptech rear. By mentioning twilight I am just saying that we will not be developing the platform much further as we are near diminishing returns. The major limitations we are encountering are suspension geometry related but honestly we just want to do something new and fresh. We are looking to build our own car starting with a purchase of a bare chassis. The motor and transmission for this next build is sitting in the barn, just need to decide on what chassis to purchase as a starting point. We have ambitious goals for this project and will certainly be a great challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! Makes me feel kind of good that Fes, Bosko and John are the same guys that built and work on my car. Now if only I could drive as good as Billy.... and have a much money as Ken.... :smile:

Ummm... and hey why isn't my mug prominently displayed as the OFFICAL FXMD beer sponsor? Last I checked, I was the last and only sponsor to supply a fridge entirely full of beer. :biggrin:

Fes drank all that beer for breakfast the next day! I think we need a refill:)

- - - Updated - - -

Well done guys!

how about this next;

http://www.superlap.com.au/

Thanks! Its doubtful we would ever run that event due to the tire rules and of course our budget:) Hopefully, some of those teams come stateside as we are the fastest in the US and its hard to have a real world champion without beating us.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome video guys. Makes me proud to own an NSX after seeing that such a solid dedicated team has chosen the X as their competition platform. Congrats on the time attack! :thumbup:

Thank you, we appreciate it!

FXMD and all they have accomplished are truly an inspiration...

Back